Building on Audio-Technica’s analog heritage and over 50 years of Japanese audio design, the AT-LP5X features upgraded technology while keeping the contemporary style and acclaimed performance of its predecessor, the AT-LP5.
The LP5X retains the J-shaped tonearm, a design inspired by the classic Audio-Technica models of the 1960s and ’70s, and features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors. The tonearm also includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control and comes fitted with a lightweight (9.3g) AT-HS6 headshell and the black AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge.
Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5X turntable has been designed to limit low-frequency acoustical feedback. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, low-noise motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM. A 5 mm thick rubber-damping mat, which isolates from low frequency feedback while providing a highly stable surface for all LP formats, tops the platter.
The AT-LP5x features a built-in switchable MM/MC phono/line preamp that enables it to connect directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers and other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The selection of MM/MC cartridges allow for an easy upgrade to a moving coil with additional equipment. The turntable is also equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer.
Committed to a Permanent Quest for Quality
Turntable with High-Fidelity Heritage
Born of Audio-Technica’s rich analog heritage, the AT-LP5X incorporates a J-shaped tonearm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and ’70s.
Latest Technology, Contemporary Style
This next-generation LP5 turntable pushes the acclaimed performance of its predecessor to new heights, with upgraded features like the versatile AT-VM95E cartridge and a preamp gain switch to accommodate both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.
Cartridge Assembly Line circa 1962
Delivering Analog Excellence for Over 55 Years
We got our start in Tokyo in 1962, designing and manufacturing high-performance phono cartridges. That half-century’s worth of analog expertise goes into every turntable we produce, ensuring you get the best listening experience from your vinyl.
- Direct-drive, low noise motor
- Fully manual operation with three speeds: 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM
- AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge (black) with replaceable stylus
- Lightweight AT-HS6 headshell
- J-shaped tonearm, modeled after original Audio-Technica designs from the 1960s and ’70s, is engineered to minimize tracking errors
- Switchable MM/MC built-in pre-amplifier and line enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
- Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter
- Heavy rubber damping mat for improved low-frequency reproduction
- AC adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- Elegant matte black finish
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable
- Included dust cover and mounting hardware
- Type: 3-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC motor
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM
- Turntable Platter: Die-cast aluminum
- Starting Torque: > 1.0 kgf.cm
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter: < 0.2% WRMS (33 RPM) at 3 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 50 dB
- Output Level:
- “PHONO”: 4 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- “LINE (MM)”: 250 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- Phono Pre-Amp Gain: MM: 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized ; MC: 56 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- USB Function: A/D: - 16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz USB selectable; Computer interface: USB 2.0 compliant
- Windows 7 or above, MAC OS X or above
- Power Supply Requirements: 100-240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 450.0 mm (17.72") × 352.0 mm (13.86") × 157.0 mm (6.18") (W × D × H)
- Weight: 7.3 kg (16.1 lbs.)
- Accessories Included: Dust cover, Rubber mat, Platter, Counterweight, Headshell (AT-HS6) with VM stereo cartridge (AT-VM95E), 45 RPM adapter, Dust cover hinges, USB cable (1.9 m (6.2')), RCA audio cable (approx. 1.0 m (3.3')), AC adapter (approx. 1.5 m (4.9') (AD-SE1220KZ)
- Tonearm Type: Static balanced J-shaped tonearm
- Effective Arm Length: 247 mm
- Overhang: 17 mm
- Tracking Error Angle: Less than 3°
- Applicable Cartridge Weight: 15 to 20 g (including headshell)