Massive sound; Superior vintage tube warmth.
The BV-1 mkII is a tube-driven, large-diaphragm condenser microphone; it’s predecessor has become an indispensable element in world-renowned studios and home set ups alike, due to an unheard-of combination of quality, durability, and value. The development of the BV-1 mkII was a “spare-no-expense” approach to microphone design — every single component was chosen for its sound quality. This has resulted in capacitors being used from 6 different boutique companies such as Solen, Nichicon, Wima, Elna, Kyocera and Epcos. Avantone worked with many of these companies to manufacture custom capacitors just for the BV-1 mkII, as only the very best would deliver our sonic quality.
The BV-1 mkII also features a custom Cinemag output transformer designed for this microphone, as well as a handpicked edge-terminated 34mm CK12-style capsule. The culmination of these components led to a design that has huge bottom-end, and smooth yet airy top-end. The proximity effect lends itself to a massive sound that can add body and a sense of presence to any vocals. Though the original BV-1 remains a top contender as a world-class vocal mic, the expanded veratility of the BV-1 mkII also makes for a top choice for use with percussion, piano, mandolin, brass, winds, and even guitar cabinets. The BV-1 mkII is ready for anything.
Everything you need.
The BV-1 mkII includes a suite of all the accessories you need. The power supply, just as the microphone itself, is a “spare-no-expense” design. The ultra high quality 7 pin cable is custom made by Sommer in Germany — this is one of the very best 7 pin cables in existence; using thicker gauge conductors for the valve heater and heater ground that ensures the vacuum tube is always being provided the best current.
A hardshell briefcase keeps everything together; even the included wood presentation box that stores the microphone itself. The included shockmount holds the microphone snug, and the included pop filter helps recording in even the toughtest environments.
- MASSIVE sound
- Fantastic versatility
- Superb proximity effect
- Edge-terminated 34mm CK12-style capsule
- Custom Cinemag transformer
- High-end components throughout, including custom capacitors
- Vintage-style power supply with 9 selectable patterns
- Ultra high quality 7 pin cable
- Padded/plush lined wood presentation box
- Shockmount and pop filter
- Hardshell briefcase
- Tube Type: Select Low-Noise Russian 6072A
- Polar Pattern(s): Variable Figure 8 through Cardiod and Omni.
- Custom dual sided 34mm edge-terminated
- gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -35dBV
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Noise Floor: < 17 dBA
- Maximum SPL:
- 134dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- 144dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level: <18dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB Switch
- Power Requirement: 90Vac-220Vac
- Included Accessories:
- Power Supply, Padded Wooden Mic Box,
- Shockmount, Road Case.