The Independently Controllable Stereo Solution.
Anyone familiar with Avantone’s C-series mics knows to expect extremely reliable service and performance that rival the most vaunted mics ever made, at a fraction of the cost. Just a glance at Avantone’s unmistakable “Cabernet” finished mics spark’s instant recognition of the industry’s new standard breed of pro-studio and live application mics.
The CK-40 is Avantone’s most versatile and essential FET style mics. A pair of 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers stacked tightly together, allow accurate stereo imaging without producing proximity-based phase issues. Each capsule features completely Independent controllability: A low pass filter and -10db attenuation keep low-end interference to minimum at any sound level. The upper capsule/grill assembly can rotate up to 90 degrees off axis with the lower capsule. Thanks to independent multi-pattern switching, XY, M-S and Blumlein stereo separation options are easily available and well defined, without needing to touch the Retro-Style shock mount (included).
The Avantone CK-40 uses ultra-quiet Class-A FET circuitry, with well-balanced performance across a wide frequency range. Stereo imaging and spatial possibilities limited only by your imagination. Well suited for recoding anything you need to capture.
The CK-40 operates on standard 48-volt phantom power. “Retro” Shockmount, 5-Pin mic cable, 1x2 stereo splitter box, 30' Cable, Foam Filter and Padded wooden box included.
- Type: Stereo True Condenser Microphone
- Polar Pattern(s): Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8 (x2)
- Capsule: (2) Dual plate 35mm gold sputtered diaphragm / brass assembly
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Sensitivity: -40dB
- S/N Ratio: 77dB re 1Pa
- Maximum SPL: 147 dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5-pin with included breakout box and cable
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10dB
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom (x2) 3mA current consumption
- Dimensions: 27.6mm X 49mm
- Weight: .95 kgs / 2.1 lbs.
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body