Out of stock
Black Cat Pedals OD-1 "Freddie Fuzz" Guitar Effects Pedal
The Black Cat OD-1 (a.k.a. Freddie Fuzz) is an original design Fred created based on the unique properties of the OP275, a dual operational amplifier chip made by Analog Devices. The OP275 is a high-quality op-amp that gives a distinctive linear output waveform. The Black Cat OD-1 can go from clean, to slightly crunchy, to all-out saturated distortion. It is unique in that it is extremely sensitive to the guitar; it responds to the player’s pick attack, and like a good Fuzz Face, it cleans up well when you roll back the volume on the guitar. The Black Cat OD-1 has been used by Scott Henderson, Steve Lukather, Beck, Lyle Workman, Kyle Cook (Matchbox Twenty), and many others.
- Durable powder-coat “Holographic Sparkle” finish
- High-quality OP275 dual op-amp
- Professional glass epoxy double-sided PCB
- 3PDT True Bypass switch and Switchcraft jacks
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, or internal 9V battery
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Wide range of dirt tones from mild to wild
- Cleans up as guitar volume is turned down
- Responds to pick attack and player dynamics
Write Your Own Review
We found other products you might like!