Darkglass Microtubes X Bass (and guitar) Distortion Effects Pedal
Distorting bass has always been a very challenging engineering endeavor: in order to achieve a punchy, and aggressive distortion that is also full and fat-sounding you need to reconcile two contradicting conditions
The tightness comes from attenuating bass frequencies before saturation, which will also result in a very thin signal. But boosting the lows will result in additional, unwanted fuzz.
The Microtubes X is our solution to that problem in a very compact form: The signal is split by two variable low-pass and high-pass ﬁlters at the very very beginning. The high-pass signal (mostly mids and treble) is distorted using CMOS circuitry, just like our older Microtubes pedals.
The low pass-signal (all bass) is left untouched. Letting the high side be all crunch, attack, and rich harmonics while mixing back the lows to add gargantuan size to the overall mix.
The result is virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression, and deﬁnition, regardless of how old the strings, and boomy or thin instruments. The Microtubes X offers all of this in a compact form, with very few controls to tweak, making it almost impossible to dial wrong.
- High-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1kHz for ultra-sharp deﬁnition.
- Low-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side. Ranging from 50Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids.
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit.
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side.
- Mix: Sets the blend between low-pass and high-pass signals.
- Mids: Active mid control placed after the Mix control. +-12dB @ 500Hz.
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument.
- Input Impedance: 1M impedance.
- Output: 1/4" connector for the ampliﬁer or next effect in the chain.
- Output Impedance: 1k
- 9VDC: Center negative, regulated 9VDC only.
- Current Consumption: 30mA
- EAN: 6430054580274
- Packed Size: 90x138x75 mm
- Packed Weight: 0.430 KG
- Unpacked Size: 64x111x43 mm
- Unpacked Weight: 0.25 KG