The EBS Microbass 3. We’Ve All Been There. Being Forced By Circumstances To Rely On Someone Else'S Gear And Left With That Uneasy Feeling It Could Turn Into A Disaster. With The New Ebs Microbass 3, You Can Let Go Of That Feeling And Be Confident You’Ll Have Your Sound No Matter The Situation.
Built on famous EBS amplifier designs
The EBS MicroBass 3 is a 2-channel preamp, built exclusively with premium components. It is engineered by EBS in Sweden with technologies from the famous HD360 and Fafner II amplifier designs.
Professional grade signal level
The preamp operates at a signal level equal to a professional mixing console (+/- 15V) which gives you plenty of headroom. The high signal level makes it suitable to use as a preamp in combination with any type of power amp.
Clean and Drive in series or parallel
Run the Clean and Drive channels in series or parallel. Use the dual balanced XLR-outputs to tap the signal post and pre EQ at the same time. If you run the Effects loop in stereo mode, the balanced outputs become a Left and Right output instead.
Handles any type of bass
With 10 Mohms input impedance, it handles any type of bass – passive, active or with piezo pickups.
Onboard Tuner & Compressor
The built-in tuner makes it easy to tune between songs without the need of an external device. The MicroBass 3 also carries an onboard compressor, similar to the one found on several EBS amplifiers.
The analog EBS MicroBass 3 ensures your sound – every time.
- 100% analog professional preamp.
- Dual channels – Clean and Drive.
- Run in parallel or series.
- Blend control for the drive.
- Dual Balanced XLR-out (pre & post EQ or Stereo).
- Effects loop (mono or stereo).
- Character and Bright filters (clean channel).
- HI or LO gain drive engines.
- Thin or Deep type (drive channel).
- Tuner, Aux-input, Headphones out.
- 10 Mohms input impedance (main input).
- 9V DC, 450 mA required (power supply included).
- Input Impedance
- Parallel mode 1.5 Mohms // 44 pF
- Serial mode 10 Mohms // 22 pF
- Gain Range min/max -oo/ +30 dB
- Gain Peak LED +10 dBv
- Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB 20 - 20.000 Hz
- Filter Type Shelving High/Low Pass
- Gain: Lo +6 dB @ 80 Hz
Mid -2 dB @ 900 Hz
Hi +3 dB @ 7.5 kHz
- Filter Type Shelving. Gain: +10 dB @ 10 kHz
- FILTER SECTION:
- Bass Filter: Type 12 dB/oct. Shelving. Gain Range +/- 18 dB @ 60 Hz
- Middle Filter: Type Bandpass Filter. Freq Range 50 - 5.000 Hz. Q - Boost 0.5 - 1.3, Q - Cut 0.5 - >5. Gain Range +/- 12-15 dB
- Treble Filter: Type Shelving. Gain Range +/- 18 dB @ 8 kHz
- COMP/LIMIT: Comp Gain 0 dB
- Attenuation max 24 dB
- Compression Ratio max 3:1
- Attack (80%) typ <10 ms
- Release (80%) typ 100 ms
- INPUT: Input Impedance 1.8 Mohms // 22 pF
- DRIVE: Gain Range 40 dB
- Lo: Type 2nd harmonics soft
- Hi: Type Symmetrical 2-stage with +18 dB gain
- TYPE: Thin/Normal/Deep Pre Drive EQ
- FILTER SECTION:
- Tone Filter: Type 6 dB/oct. Low Pass. Frequency Range 700 - 20k Hz
- Middle Filter: Type Bandpass Filter. Frequency Range 100 - 4.500 Hz. Q 1.2, Gain Range +/- 15 dB
- Loop Signal Level nominal: -10 dBv
- Gain: Unity (1:1)
- Output Impedance: <100 ohms
- Input Impedance: >200 kohms // 22 pF
- Recommended Impedance: 32 - 200 ohms
- Input Impedance: 20 kohms
- Nominal Level: -10 dBv
- Output Impedance: <1 kohms
- Signal Level: nominal 0 dBv
- Output Level: nominal -20dBv
- XLR Connections: 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold
- Options: Pre/Post EQ, L/R Ch. in stereo mode
- Power Requirements: Idle 450mA @9V. Max 750mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): max 168 x 124 x 53 mm / 6.6” x 4.9” x 2.1”
- Weight: 660 g ( 1.5 lbs.)