The EBS MultiComp is the most popular EBS effects unit ever. Thousands of bass players, guitarists, and other musicians all over the world use it on their pedalboards. The compressor hits the sweet spot between allowing for dynamic playing and creating a smooth consistency across the fretboard. It can also be used simply to push the gain and beef up the overall sound when desired.
You can’t go wrong with the MultiComp
A compressor can be tricky to dial in. Maybe that is why the super intuitive EBS MultiComp has seen such a long-standing success. It is a compressor that you can't go wrong with, that doesn’t require a degree in sound engineering and still does exactly what you want. What more to ask for?
A sensible upgrade
There is a major addition to the new EBS MultiComp Blue Label. A control on the front panel to adjust the threshold level, or Sensitivity. The more you turn up the control, the higher the sensitivity. The benefit of this is that you can adjust the sensitivity to match the output level of your instrument or your playing style. A center click indicates the factory setting value on previous editions of the pedal, to offer a reference to your old MultiComp.
More headroom to handle the extremes
To handle high-end basses equipped with 18V preamps with very hot output, the new MultiComp Blue Label can operate continuously on up to 18V DC power. This gives the pedal enough headroom to handle even these extreme instruments. The new version has a reduced footprint by 12% and is lighter to save space and weight on your pedalboard. The recessed jacks keep the space needed between pedals to a minimum. The EBS MultiComp Blue Label will replace the Studio Edition from now on.
- Preserve the low range
- Suitable for live and studio use
- Dual-Band Compressor
- Tubesim, Multi-Band and Normal modes
- Controls for Compression, Gain & Sensitivity
- Internal control to adjust the balance between bands in Multi-Band mode
- Powered by 9 to 18V DC
- Nominal Input Level: -10 or -4 dBv
- Input Impedance: 1.8 Mohms
- Bandwidth +0/-3 dB: 20 - 20k Hz
- Gain Range: 0 - 15 dB (makeup)
- Compressor Ratio min/max: 1:1 - 5:1
- Sensitivity Range (Threshold): -25 - +6 dB
- Attack Time (80%): <10 ms
- Release Time (80%): typ. 100 ms
- Dimensions W x H x D: 2.6” x 4.5” x 1.9” (67 x 115 x 48 mm)
- Weight: 315g (0.7 lb.)
- Type: Analog Effect, Relay type Switching
- Power Requirements: 9, 12 or 18 V DC, 45 mA max.
Pedal shuts off below 6.0 V