The #1 EQ pedal returns - better than ever
We've brought back the most sought after Parametric EQ pedal with groundbreaking upgrades. We kept everything people loved about the original ParaEq and added more fidelity and control.
Whether you're trying to cut through a mix or fix a feedback issue, you need precision! The ParaEq MKII offers the most control of any pedal EQ on the market.
Effortlessly sweeten your tone with beautiful sounding, super smooth Baxandall filters for broad high and low frequency shelving adjustments on the Deluxe.
The ParaEq MKII pedals operates internally at 27V, providing clean headroom without unwanted clipping.
We’re able to offer the most control without degradation to the tone due to minimal circuit topology—the opposite of graphic EQs.
Why Choose Parametric EQ over Graphic EQ?
Graphic equalizers provide a convenient visual sense of the EQ curve. However, there is a tradeoff in transparency and precision.
The graph here shows the ParaEq MKII Deluxe (cyan) and a 7-band graphic EQ pedal (magenta) both providing a +4dB boost at around 2 kHz. As can be seen, the ParaEq is much more precise in the changes it can make, whereas the graphic EQ affects nearly the entire frequency spectrum. Furthermore, at around 10kHz the ParaEq is providing unity gain, whereas the graphic EQ is attenuating the signal by nearly 6dB. This makes the ParaEq a more transparent circuit than the graphic EQ.
This combination of transparency and precision is why recording studio control rooms are dominated by parametric equalizers, and why they’re a great choice for creative and corrective EQ on your pedalboard.
The ParaEq MKII Deluxe feature a low-noise, transparent signal path that is extremely versatile.
With three fully parametric bands, you can simultaneously achieve broad tonal shaping and precise fine-tuning to sculpt your perfect sound.
The ParaEQ MKII Deluxe will appeal to players who:
- Need high-pass and low-pass filters for precision work at the frequency extremes
- Want the glorious sound of Bandaxall filters for sparkling high end or extra weight in the low end
- Want to be prepared for any EQ situation
Customer Service You Can Trust
Everyone will claim they have great customer service, so we encourage you to take a quick minute to Google our reputation.
Here’s quick facts you should know about:
- All Empress Effects products come with a 2 year warranty. You can extend this warranty to 4 years by filling out an online registration.
- Returns for purchases made on our website are accepted within 45 days of purchase for any reason and eligible for a full refund including shipping costs.
- We LOVE to hear about your dealer experience, both positive and negative so don’t be afraid to reach out.
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 22Hz - 25kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.05%
- Noise: > 107dB
- Headroom: +30dBu
- Input Voltage: 9VDC Centre-Negative
- Required Current: 300mA
- Power Input Connector: 2.1mm Barrel Connector
- Height (Enclosure Only): 1.5”
- Height (Including Controls): 2.5”
- Length: 3.5”
- Width: 4.5”
- Weight: 1lb