The Alpha Drive Custom Pedal comes with the sound of a good old vintage overdrive, all in the name of a ripped tube amp, where the power tubes start clipping. What’s better for Classic Rock and Blues? It can also be “only” used as a booster.
The pedal can be operated with voltages from 6 V to 18 V, with 6 V, the sound is compressed, with 18 V, however, creates a dynamic sound with plenty of headroom. A protection circuit, True Bypass and a second DC jack for Daisy Chaining complete the practical features.
- DRIVE (Controls the amount of gain. Left is less, right is more)
- VOLUME (Controls the output volume. Left is less, right is more)
- LO FREQ (Controls the amount of bass frequencies. Left is -7.5 dB, right is +7.5 dB)
- Hi FREQ (Controls the amount of treble frequencies. Left is -7.5 dB, right is +7.5 dB)
- TRUE BYPASS (This footswitch turns the pedal effect on and off. When the effect is off, the signal is routed directly form the input to the output jack)
This pedal uses 9V DC negative center and can be run from 6V up to 18V. Using 6 Volt will give you a more compressed sound while increasing the supply up to 18 Volt gives you more headroom and greater dynamics. This pedal is protected by a ZERO LOSS REVERSE POLARITY PROTECTION circuit. With the second DC jack you can supply additional effect devices (daisy chaining). Due to ecological reasons, the pedal does not accept batteries. Power consumption is 15 mA.