Eventide's flagship multi-effects processor, the H9000, continues our unbroken tradition of delivering industry-leading signal processing power to the pro audio community. The culmination of nearly fifty years of R&D, the H9000 comes loaded with over 1600 unique algorithms from recreations of beloved classics to Eventide's latest and greatest effects. The wealth of included effects will offer users many years of exploration and inspiration.
Colossal Audio I/O
With up to 128 channels of simultaneous signal processing and a generous complement of analog and digital audio I/O, the H9000 is the perfect platform for surround sound and for processing many tracks of audio simultaneously. Audio I/O includes: 8 channels of pristine analog audio, 16 channels over USB, 8 channels of AES/EBU, ADAT optical and S/PDIF. Whether you use it live or in a studio, the H9000 gives you plenty of external control options.
- MIDI In, Out and Thru. MIDI Thru allows you to daisy chain MIDI controlled devices.
- 2 1/4" TRS Inputs - Connect up to four foot pedals or four auxilliary switches or a combination.
- 4 USB Ports - Two on front, Two on back. Connect USB MIDI controllers, save and restore presets from a USB thumb drive, enable WiFi using the supplied WiFi dongle.
The H9000 offers optional network audio I/O via 3 expansion card slots with up to 32 channels of bidirectional audio each.
Eventide H9000 Pro Tools HDX HD Native Expansion CardNew - Pro Tools Expansion Card
The user-installable expansion card allows Pro Tools HDX or HD Native users to connect the H9000 directly for up to 32 channels of direct I/O with Pro Tools|HD via its Primary DigiLink port. It can alternatively be daisy-chained with other Pro Tools interfaces via the Secondary DigiLink port with the included 12’ mini-Digilink cable. The H9000 can either sync to an external clock via loop sync/word clock, or the H9000 can be the clock source. Concurrent with the release of the Pro Tools|HD Expansion Card is the release of version 1.3 operating software for the H9000.
Along with Pro Tools support, the Emote v1.3 software for the H9000 features enhanced MIDI functionality and two new effect algorithms and their associated presets migrated from the award-winning H9 stompbox – TriceraChorus (a lush three voice stereo chorus based on the classic DynoMyPiano and Dimension D) and Harmadillo (a harmonic tremolo). The latest version of Emote offers user-requested UI refinements such as metering in the primary window and enhanced algorithm viewing.
Dante Expansion card
- Audinate Brooklyn II Dante Module based design
- 32 In / 32 Out operation at all supported H9000 sample rates
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: Brooklyn II Module, Dante network, H9000
- Either 2 Primary and 2 Redundant Networks Connections or 4 Primary
- Network Connections
- Can reside in any H9000 Option Slot
MADI Expansion card
- Supports full AES5 compatibility
- Sample Rate Clock Sources: H9000 or the selected MADI RX Stream
- 32 In / 32 Out operation at at all supported H9000 sample rates
Optical, Coax or ExpressCard (RME proprietary) connections.
Legendary Sounds, New Paradigms
The H9000 comes loaded with 1600 unique algorithms from the H8000 and the H9 with over 500 presets covering reverb, delay, modulation, pitch shifting, EQs, distortion, and more. Multi-channel algorithms include 5.1 halls, chambers, plates, rooms, booths, and various ambient spaces. Also, the H9000 introduces the concept of FX Chains for connecting any set of four effects with user-defined, flexible routing. FX Chains can be created to act as a channel strip, a guitar pedalboard, a modular synth with effects, etc. The H9000’s FX Chain paradigm is like a custom channel strip on steroids allowing any four complex algorithms to be combined and routed to taste. FX Chains are invaluable for quickly exploring various combinations of effects to achieve new and inspiring sounds.
Emote - Remote Control App / Plug-in
The H9000's remote control application, Emote, is available for users working 'in the box' or over an audio network. Emote is available as a stand-alone application for Mac and Windows and as a plug-in for AAX, AU and VST.
Catch the Wave
H9000 ARM modules pictureThe H9000 features four quad-core ARM processors allowing users to run 16 effect algorithms simultaneously -- in series or parallel. In the future, as new, more powerful ARM chips become available, the H9000’s DSP modules can be upgraded.
Intuitive, Powerful Interface
The most gratifying comments that we've received about the H9000’s interface is that it feels right. Words can’t properly convey what makes the H9000 feel good to use, but we can say a lot of attention to detail went into crafting its interface.
The H9000’s big wheel is custom machined and has been carefully weighted to give it the right amount of inertia when spun. The H9000’s custom designed buttons were chosen for their particular tactile response. And the H9000’s large, crisp color display is driven by a dedicated ARM processor to ensure that the H9000 feels fluid and responsive when used.
The H9000’s core functionality is encapsulated in the four mode keys SESSIONS, FX CHAINS, ALGORITHMS, and PARAMETERS. User presets of Sessions, FX Chains, and Algorithms can be saved and recalled.
A Session is the "big picture" for the H9000, a snapshot of the current state of all of settings.
H9000 FX Chain
An FX Chain is a user defined combination of up to four algorithms. Algortihms can be connected in parallel, series or parallel/series.
Algorithms are the H9000’s “secret sauce”, with specific effects parameters that are adjustable by you, the user.
Parameters are the individual adjustments you can make within an effects algorithm which customize that effect.
Functions in the H9000 act much like Macros in Ableton Live; essentially, they are higher-level groupings of parameters that can be adjusted with a single knob. Up to 8 functions can be created in each FX chain.
Scenes are a high-level function used to control sequenced program changes in the H9000. This mode can be useful when you are using the H9000 in a live environment such as a concert or theatrical production, and wish to “step through” different pre-configured states in a certain order you have set up in advance. For example, the main vocalist in a concert may need different reverb effects and parameter settings at different times during the show; scenes provide a quick, simple way to achieve this.
The H9000 has extensive metering capabilities to allow you to monitor every node in your signal's path. A physical eight channel LED meter bridge sits above the display. You can assign the LED meter bridge to provide instant visual status on the inputs or outputs that you choose.
In METER mode, the display lets you monitor the input and output of all of the physical I/O as well as all the FX Chains running on the H9000.
Direct I/O allows you to use your H9000 as a network attached I/O box, making the H9000’s pristine analog converters available for highest quality analog I/O. Even when you do not require any of the external processing the H9000 can provide, the 8 analog input and outputs, along with their different routing options, allows the H9000 to work as a network-attached patch bay.
The H9000 can serve as your digital system's clock source or sync to an external clock at sample rates from 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
Presets in Your Pocket
Plug a standard USB thumb drive into any of the USB ports to save or restore your presets. This feature makes your presets portable allowing you to load them into any H9000 in any rack anywhere.
Network Connectivity via LAN or WiFi
Connect your H9000 to your network with an ethernet cable or wirelessly using the supplied USB dongle for connecting to our remote control app, Emote, for software updates, for adding new algorithms and more.
The H9000 comes in two versions the H9000 and the H9000R. The H9000 with full front panel UI is priced at $6,999. The blank front panel H9000R is priced at $4,999 and requires Emote for operating.
- Four quad core ARM processors: 16 DSP engines
- Analog audio I/O: 8 channels
- USB audio: 16 channels
- AES/EBU, ADAT, S/PDIF: Up to 8 channels
- Network audio options: 32 channels per expansion card. Three expansion slots for optional audio connectivity: Pro Tools, Dante and
- MADI available
- Hardware Meters: 8 assignable LED meters - front panel version only
Emote control software app for Mac & PC is available as a standalone app or AAX, VST, AU plug-in
- FX Chains: Innovative approach for setting up and managing complex effects
- Direct I/O: World-class digital audio interface
- Comprehensive Live Controls: MIDI, Expression Pedals, Auxiliary Switches and USB controllers
- Preset portability: Store and recall presets using USB thumb drives
- Network control & software updates: LAN and WiFi connectivity
- Analog Audio I/O
- Physical Connections
- Stereo I/O via XLR
- 8 Channel I/O via DB25 (Tascam standard)
- Audio Specs
- SNR (A Weighted):
- 44.1 kHz: >114dB
- 48 kHz: >114dB
- 96 kHz: >114dB
- 44.1 kHz: <0.002%
- 48 kHz: <0.002%
- 96 kHz: <0.002%
- The H9000’s XLR analog audio output jacks are male. Pin #1 is ground. Pin #2 is +phase (hot) and pin #3 is -phase.
- Digital Audio I/O
- Sample Rates: 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Digital Inputs/Outputs
- 16 Channels of USB audio. 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz. USB can be used in conjunction with any other Digital I/O.
- AES DB-25: 8 channels of AES 24-bit at 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz. Tascam standard.
- AES XLR: 2 channels of AES at 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz
- S/PDIF RCA: 2 channels at 44.1 kHz - 96 kHz
- S/PDIF Optical: 2 channels (Only 44.1 kHZ and 48 kHz)
- Optical (Toslink): 8 channels of ADAT (Only 44.1 kHZ and 48 kHz)
- Network Audio I/O
- Expansion slots: 3
- Dante support: Yes
- MADI support: Yes
- Control I/O
- Remote Control Inputs
- Up to two foot pedals, or four 5V control inputs, or six foot switches, or combination.
- Stereo 1/4" connectors. The sleeve is ground reference, the ring is +5 volts (source), and the tip is an analog signal from 0 to 5 volts. Connect either foot switches, foot pedals, or control voltage sources.
- Remote Control Outputs
- 2 isolated relay closures, rated at 30Vdc 1A. Relay #1 is connected between ring and sleeve, while Relay # 2 is connected between ring and tip. These connections are electrically isolated from the H9000.
- MIDI Connections
- 5 pin DIN output and thru
- 7 pin DIN input with output capability
- Inches: 3.5h x 19w x 12.5d
- Metric: 8.9h x 48.3w x 31.7d
- Weight: 14 pounds (6.4kg) net