This hand-customized EVH 5150III® 100S head is identical to the setup Eddie Van Halen most recently toured with, featuring his exact same custom modifications.
Not just dressed in a seductively dark finish, this 100-watt Stealth head roars with its own unique voice — tweaked with added features specifically to meet Eddie Van Halen’s touring requirements. Channel one soars with pristine and sparkling cleans; channel two features increased gain for greater sustain and is re-voiced for improved low-mid frequency definition; channel three also features increased gain and improved range for the “low” control. Each channel has its own versatile controls (volume, gain, presence, low, mid, high), as well as a rear-panel resonance control knob that dials in fine-tuned low-end response.
The amp also has eight JJ ECC83 preamp tubes, four Shuguang 6L6 power tubes, switchable output impedance (4, 8 and 16 ohms), adjustable bias control, vintage-style “chicken head” control knobs, red jewel, dual speaker jacks, effects loop, direct out and molded plastic handle.
The 5150III 100S Head represents Eddie’s most recent touring rig — radiating with high-gain intensity, snarling leads and robust rhythms. This amp has a heavier edge that can handle the extremes of any genre.
The three channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead) deliver signature melodic overtones with increased saturation, gain and improved low-mid frequency definition on channel two, all with the boundless sustain and versatility expected from an amp bearing his name.
Channel one sings with pristine cleans and compressed intonation with a touch of dirt. To meet Eddie’s touring requirements, channel two and channel three have both been souped-up with an added boost of saturation and gain. Channel two is full-throttle with blistering overdrive and aggressive gain for Eddie’s signature rhythm crunch, while channel three is full-burn, pushing gain and liquid distortion ideal for blistering solos.
CONTROL IS YOURS
A comprehensive layout of tone controls are at your fingertips to dial in your preferred sound. Each channel has gain, low, mid, high, volume, presence (for ultra-high frequencies) and resonance (for low frequency response) dials.
THE STEALTH SAUCE
A whopping eight JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes erupt with colossal overdriven tone when pushed to the max, while four premium Shuguang 6L6 power tubes up the ante with plenty of saturated, high-gain crunchy attitude synonymous with Van Halen.
EDDIE'S TOUR MODS
Eddie added a bias port with an adjustable trim pot, which allows you to easily set the voltage of the tubes to ensure you get the absolute best tone. Without this unique feature, you would have to remove the chassis from the cabinet to access the circuit board.
- Model Number: 2250250000
- Series: EVH® 5150III® Heads
- Color: Black
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 11" (27.94 cm)
- Width: 30" (76.2 cm)
- Depth: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 55 lbs. (24.95 kg)
- Controls: Gain, Low, Mid, High, Volume, Channel Select, Presence and Resonance for Each Channel
- Channels: Three - (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Voltage: 120V (Also Available in 100V, 110V, 220V, 230V, 240V)
- Wattage: 100 Watts
- Effects Loop: 1/4" (Send/Return)
- Inputs: One - 1/4"
- Line Out: One - 1/4"
- Speaker Jack: Two - 1/4" Parallel
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Total Impedance: 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Power Cable: IEC
- Grill Cloth/Material: Perforated Steel Front and Rear Panel
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Cabinet Material: White Birch
- Preamp Tubes: 8 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 4 x Shuguang 6L6 Matched
- Control Knobs: Black Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps (1 Top & 2 Sides)
- Front Panel: Black
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Footswitch Connection Type: 7-Pin DIN
- Recommended Cover: Optional P/N 0073406000
- Included Accessories: 5-Foot Speaker Cable