Clear Mg Professional is the essential pair of headphones for discerning sound engineers and producers. To equip these open-back headphones’ 1 5/8" (40mm) full-range speaker drivers with M-shaped inverted domes; Focal engineers designed a new material: a magnesium cone. This offers extreme precision. The tonal balance is remarkable, as is the bass articulation and the level of detail across the full sound spectrum.
In addition to high-performance technologies, Clear Mg Professional offers impressive comfort and a unique aesthetic signature. The curve of the headband, high-resilience memory foam earpads, evenly-distributed weight... Everything has been covered to allow you to forget you're wearing headphones at all. Meanwhile, the black and red colours combined with the “honeycomb” signature on the earcups offer a touch of modern elegance.
- A brand new magnesium cone for even greater dynamics
- A remarkable tonal balance across the full spectrum
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- 2 OFC 24 AWG copper cables supplied to suit all uses (3ft. or 1.2m + 16ft. or 5m spiral)
- Rigid carrying case supplied
FOCAL SPEAKER DRIVERS
Clear Mg Professional incorporates 1 5/8” (40mm) full-range speaker drivers with magnesium ‘M’-shaped inverted domes. Thanks to this brand new cone, combined with the frameless 1" (25mm)-diameter and 1/4" (5.5mm)-high copper voice coil, the sound experience is made extremely precise, delivering impressive detail across the full spectrum while preserving excellent tonal balance.
These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
Comfort and openness
The headband design creates a constant curve, wherever the head turns. The weight of the headphones is distributed evenly, preventing the localised pressure point phenomenon. The solid aluminium yoke is covered with a structured black paint, for sleek design and scratch resistance. Instead of the traditional vertically rotating mechanics, these have been moved within the headband for even greater comfort. This allows excellent sealing, particularly beneath the ears, to prevent any acoustic leakage, synonymous with significant bass loss. Finally, the highly resilient memory foam earpads complete the comfortable, open feel.
- Type: Circum-aural open-back headphones
- Impedance: 55 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 28kHz
- Speaker driver: 1 5/8" (40mm) 'M'-shaped magnesium dome
- Weight: 0.99lbs (450g)
- Cables supplied: 16.5 feet (5m) asymmetric cable (1/4" - 6.35mm TRS jack), 3.94 feet (1.2m) asymmetric cable (1/8" - 3.5mm TRS jack), 1/8" (3.5mm) to 1/4" (6.35mm) stereo jack adapter
- Spare earpads: 2 x spare earpads supplied
- Carrying case provided: 9 7/8 x9 1/2 x4 3/4" (250x240x120mm)