FuzzHugger Algal Bloom v2 Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal with Choke Toggle and Blend
The FuzzHugger Algal Bloom v2
The Algal Bloom is a harmonically rich, wide-range fuzz! From mellow to gritty overdrivey tones, to beautifully thick fuzz, to crunch, crust, and throaty fuzz roars! V2 adds an all-new Choke toggle that turns the Algal Bloom into a Harmful Algal Bloom, a raunchier mode that goes from dying to crusty, to crunchy, to whiplash! A new 3-
way filter toggle lets you smooth clipping and highs for ultimate control.
The Algal Bloom is known for its open tone and many chord-friendly settings, with fantastic definition and note- separation, even on high gain settings. The controls are uniquely interactive for incredible range. The pedal has a unique sound and circuit, but also expands on some classic tones that fuzz enthusiasts will love. A workhorse of a classicish, garagey, all-around capital F Fuzz.
- Gain: Gain adjustment and clean-up! As you back it off, it cleans up your fuzz, also adding a hint of sputter and fizzle. Hard right is full-on!
- Bloom (Fuzz): Expands and pushes your fuzz tone, adding gain, sustain, and definition. Hard right is maxed out...a unique, throaty, brash-yet-full tone! 12 o'clock is its "home setting," for thick fuzz tone!
- Power: Controls the flow of power to the circuit, altering response, heft, and gain (slight scratch is normal, as circuit adjusts to voltage change).
- Level: Your master volume control.
- The FuzzHugger Algal Bloom v2
- Choke / HAB Toggle: the V2's new Choke toggle, letting you dial in whiplash, crunch, crud, crust, dying, and dead.
- Filter (3-way):
- Middle: the unfiltered Algal Bloom you know.
- Up: slightly smoothed highs, reducing clipping and fizz activity from the highs.
- Down: smoothed and dampened.
- Hand-wired in the US.
- True-bypass switching.
- 9v negative tip adapter power. (No batteries.)
- Rugged aluminum enclosure. (4.7" x 3.7")
- Lifetime warranty.