The Galaxy Audio Traveler (TV8) is an AC/battery operated portable PA system. This compact system features an 8" woofer, 1" horn, 80-watt amplifier, and can be configured in a variety of ways to meet your specific needs. This self-powered portable PA system, has a coverage capacity of up to 600 people.
Features of the standard Traveler include: 4 Inputs (XLR/1/4" combo, 1/4" Mic/Line, RCA Line, and 1/8" Aux, each with their own volume control), Built-in Bluetooth®, 2 Band EQ, and a Master Volume. Audio Outputs include a dual RCA Line Out and a 1/8" Aux Output. The Universal Power Supply/Battery Charger allows the Traveler to be used anywhere in the world. The TV8 features a voice priority button, which automatically reduces the volume of the media player, Bluetooth® and line level input when receiving a transmission from a wireless or wired handheld microphone (either plugged into the unit or an installed wireless system). This allows for announcements to be made without being overpowered by a music program playing through the media devices. The voice priority can be turned on or off.
The Traveler will operate for an unlimited time on AC power and for about 7.5-16 hours on just battery power (depending on program). A full recharge of the batteries takes about 6-8 hours. The Traveler may be operated while recharging the batteries without affecting the charge time. If a power failure occurs when operating on AC, the Traveler will seamlessly switch over to battery power.
The Traveler has a unique “plug in” modular design, which allows optional Function Modules to be easily added or removed. Optional Modules include Wireless Mic Receivers (with Handheld, Headset, Pendant & Lapel options), a media player (CD/SD/MP3 or CD/DVD/SD/MP3 options), and an Audio Link Module, which wirelessly transmits the entire audio mix from one Traveler to any number of satellite Travelers. Since all the Modules are internally wired, no external patching is necessary.
Designed smaller and lighter than the TV10, the TV8, the durable ABS enclosure still includes a convenient carry handle, retractable handle, wheels for easy transportation, and a provision for standard pole mounting with locking mechanism. The Traveler is designed for people who need a portable, lightweight, “all in one” PA system that allows for a quick and uncomplicated setup.
- 80 Watts/120 Watts Peak
- 8" Woofer/1" Horn
- Built-in Battery and Charger
- 4 Wireless Microphones Optional
- 2 Mic Inputs 1/4" & XLR / 1/4" Combo
- RCA Line in w/ Volume Control
- RCA & 1/8" Outputs
- Master Volume Control
- Built-in Bluetooth®
- Optional Media Player
- Universal Power Supply
- Four-bar Battery Indicator
- Voice Priority
- Built-in Wheels and Handle
- Battery Life: Tested up to 16 hours
- Speaker Stand Mount
- 10.4" x 11.85" x 20.12" (264 x 301 x 511 mm)
- 35 lbs (16 kg) (batteries included)
- Output Power: 80 Watt (RMS), 120 Watt (peak) @ 4 Ohm
- Max SPL: 112dB
- Frequency Response: 70Hz ~ 20kHz (audio)
- Battery: 12V, 2.9Ah * 2 (Lead-Acid) Rechargeable Batteries
- Battery Charging: 6 ~ 8 Hours
- Speaker: 8" LF Woofer / 1" Horn
- S/N Ratio: 70dB
- Sensitivity: 92dB, 1 W @ 1 m
- Audio Input: XLR / 1/4" Combo-Mic. In, 1/4" Mic/Line in, RCA - Line in, 1/8" in / Bluetooth®
- Audio Output: RCA - Line out, 1/8" out
- E.Q.: Bass Treble
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240V AC 50/60Hz
- Antenna: Built-in Antenna
- Controls: Master, Treble, Bass, Mic, Mic2, Voice Priority, Line & Aux / Bluetooth®
- Operating Distance: Up to 200" (60 meters)
- Stand Mountable: Yes 1 3/8" / 35 mm speaker stand
- Dimensions: 10.4" x 11.85" x 20.12" (264 x 301 x 511 mm)(HxWxD)
- Weight: 35 lbs (16 kg) (batteries included)