The 4 ON THE FLOOR™ Classic Bass Overdrive is an ALL ANALOG bass overdrive pedal that gracefully emulates 4 different overdrive types found in classic tube circuit topologies and then gives the player additional control over drive/gain, overdrive path (only) with high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the overdrive to fit with a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of induced excess noise. This versatile pedal can be used as a clean boost, an “always on” tonal enhancement, or offering varied overdrive textures to shift through, for selected performance requirements.
Drive Select “Gear” Descriptions:
1st GEAR: Reminiscent of a tube amp’s clean channel (including natural harmonics) with a bit of overdriven tone when driven hard. A nice “always-on” selection.
2nd GEAR: Emulates a tube amp’s mildly overdriven tone, with a small amount of dynamically compliant clipping asymmetry. This is a natural feeling, touch sensitive algorithm with very mild compression that responds with more texture and complexity, the harder you dig in.
3rd GEAR: A more aggressive up-shift from 2nd gear, this moderate, asymmetrical overdrive is less compliant, with greater compression for a tighter feel.
4th GEAR: This is the most aggressive gear of all — a heavier, symmetrical, low compliance overdrive that can enter distortion territory when driven hard. While there are a lot of harmonics and compression present, this gear does not give up tone or feel.
With the versatility in overdrive algorithms and tonal options, the 4-OTF-PEDAL is an excellent compliment to either of our MAGELLAN 350 or MAGELLAN 800 bass amps.
- Lightweight Aluminum Chassis
- Rugged Stomp Switches
- Low-noise, Silent Switching Circuitry
- 4 Position Overdrive “Gear” Selector Switch
- High-Pass and Low-Pass Filters (Overdrive Engine Only)
- Parallel Clean Signal Path
- High/Low Drive Sensitivity Switch
- Accepts Power Supplies From 9VDC – 18VDC (low noise type),
- Either Polarity (auto detecting) 40mA Max — (Power Supply Not Included)
- Power Supply: 9VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity (auto-detecting), 40mA max (Power supply not included).
- Input Impedance: >1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Overdrive Engine Input HPF: 30Hz – 200hz
- Overdrive Engine Output LPF: 1kHz – 14kHz
- Input Sensitivity (nominal): -20dBu (high sensitivity), -10dBu (low sensitivity)
- Maximum Input Level: 0dBu (9V supply), +5dBu (12V supply), +10dBu (18V supply), high sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Input Level: +5dBu (9V supply), +12dBu (12V supply), +18dBu (18V supply), low sensitivity, DRIVE at 9:00
- Maximum Output Level: +9dBu (9V supply) +14dBu (12V supply), +20dBu (18V supply)
- Dimensions: 5” (127mm) W x 4.1” (104mm )D x 2.3” (59mm)H
- Weight: 1.1 lb (0.5kg)