Heritage Audio's 500 Series OST-8 adat enclosure provides the cleanest, most direct path to incorporate your 500-series modules into your audio interface.
The OST-8 adat 500 series enclosure is designed for racking any and all 500-series modules and devices, including ‘double wide’ modules and even the most demanding class-A and vacuum tube designs, and connect them to your existing audio interface. It features Heritage Audio’s On Slot Technology, providing maximum protection, filtering, and isolation to each channel. While most 500-series enclosures on the market have a relatively simple power supply design essentially feeding every channel in parallel, each channel of the OST-8 adat enclosure has its own power supply, individually regulated and isolated from the rest. This ensures that every 500-series module installed will perform at its peak potential, and that no ‘power hungry’ or even a faulty module will compromise the performance of another. In addition to reducing interference, many 500-series devices actually exhibit lower self-noise and better performance when racked in the OST-8 adat enclosure, specially mic preamps.
The best part is we have incorporated a premium analog to digital converter to send your signals on to your DAW as easily as possible. This high quality, premium ADC is 24Bit and offers selectable internal sampling frequencies variable from 44.1k to 192k in addition to being externally syncable by WordClock. This all takes place using just one ADAT Lightpipe cable. One of the neatest features of the unit is the ability to individually, per channel, decide whether the signal converted and sent to the DAW comes directly from the corresponding input (non-processed signal), after the 500 series module (processed signal) or from an external source. What this allows you to do is send your processed signal out to another processor and then return it to the unit so it can be converted digitally and sent along to your DAW. This can really come in handy if you need a bit of external rack EQ or compression for more control before the digital conversion. This actually means you have 3 selectable sources for each of the eight converters, a seemingly small detail that can really make a big difference when you´re knee deep in the mix or session and don´t have time to spare.
This also means that you can use the OST-8 adat as a stand-alone converter and gradually add 500 modules at your convenience to setup your ideal rig. So for those times when all you need is a top-of-the-line analog to digital converter, look no further, you already have it right here.
All the inputs and outputs are provided on gold plated XLRs with LINE inputs and outputs also being offered on DB25 connectors for convenience. The alternative 8 External Inputs for the converter are also available on a DB25 connector. Then, of course, are the format specific connectors for ADAT (two of them for SMUX possibilities) and BNC WordClock Input and Output.
Another new and exciting feature in the OST-8 adat is the Link feature, allowing each channel to be linked over to the next at the push of a button (via back panel), no patch cables required!
As with all Heritage Audio products; the 500 Series OST-8 adat enclosures are built utilizing the most cutting edge methods in manufacturing and design, without ever compromising audio quality or cutting corners.
- Eight slot, rack-mountable 500 Series enclosure for mobile and project studio recording.
- New link feature allows each channel to be linked to the next at the push of a button, no patch cables required.
- Each channel individually regulated, filtered, and protected for highest performance, lowest noise, and best protection.
- Capable of delivering up to 400mA per rail per slot, or 1.8 Amps total (2.0 Amps non continuous), whichever is reached first. Phantom power supply delivers up to 140mA total.
- Independent Status LEDs per slot on front panel for voltage rails.
- Power switch on the front panel.
- Widest possible range of compatibility with any 500 Series device made, including ‘power hungry’ class A and vacuum tube designs. Vertical architecture accommodates ‘double wide’ modules.
- Heavy gauge steel chassis and aluminum front panel, rugged finish, proven, durable design.
- Premium 8 channel 24 Bit 192kHz Converter.
- Switchable path for converters per channel, either directly from Preamp or from External Source.
- Stand-alone 8 channel premium converter when mic pres use is not required.