Hiwatt Tube Series Amplifiers are British Engineered to provide a Classic Hiwatt Clean + Overdrive Channels at a great price – based on the success of Hiwatt’s power-switching ‘Studio/Stage’ Amplifier.
This ‘Cathode Biased’ (aka Class A) amp provides the Guitarist with a ‘touch sensitive’ feel to the amps response. Half your power, to drive the Tubes harder, to obtain pure, natural Hiwatt Overdrive with less volume. On the 3 band EQ there is a push/pull ‘full tone shift’ feature. This amp has Dual Gain controls for the Normal and Overdrive channels, Real Spring Reverb and a Footswitch for turning off and on the Reverb and switching channels. Perfect as a pedal platform.
The Hiwatt T40/20 is versatile, durable, fun to play, reasonably priced and most importantly... Sounds great.
- Wattage: Switchable — 40W or 20W
- 1/4" Normal/Overdrive (Channel Selector)
- 3.5mm AUX Input
- 1/4" Effects Loop Return
- 1/4" Channel/Reverb Footswitch Input
- 1/4" Extension Speaker (8 Ω)
- 1/4" Effect Loop Send
- 1/4" Line Output
- Preamp Valves:
- 2 x ECC83 (12AX7)
- 1 x ECC82 (12AU7)
- Output Valves: 4 x EL84
- Speakers: 2 x 12" Hiwatt Octapulse
- Speaker Impedances: 16 Ω (each)
- Total Impedance: 8 Ω
- Master Volume
- Reverb Level
- 3-Band EQ shared by both channels — Treble, Middle (Pull potentiometer for Tone Shift), Bass
- Overdrive Gain
- Normal Gain
- Normal/Overdrive Channel Toggle
- Standby — On/Off
- Mains — On/Off
- Built-in Effects Loop.Built-in True-Spring Reverb.Compatible with the FS201 Footswitch for hands free channel switching and toggling True-Spring Reverb.
- Voltage: 100V, 115V, 230V, or 240V (Based on your region)
- Impedance: 8 Ω
- Height: 490mm (20")
- Width: 675mm (27")
- Depth: 255mm (11")
- Weight: 23 kg (51 lbs)