The Martian large diaphragm condenser microphone sounds as warm and friendly as he looks.
Enclosed inside the rotating head is a space age shock mounted capsule with an electrostatic Golden Drop transducer made of pure 999 gold. The Golden Drop technology allows the diaphragm to move more quickly for rich detail and transparency.
In addition to the shock mounted capsule in his head, Martian rides in an advanced full body shock mount, complete with face shield pop filter, which neutralizes unnecessary vibrations, minimizes plosives, and insures you have the best recording experience possible. Since you can rotate Martian’s head to just the right angle, you can also adjust his pop filter for perfect placement.
And, no. Martian is not an extraterrestrial. His Class “A” discrete electronics are hand built in Latvia, fashioned with only the highest quality components for performance, durability and low self noise.
- Transducer type : electrostatic
- Operating principle : pressure gradient
- The diaphragms active diameter : 35 mm
- Frequency range : 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Polar pattern : cardioid
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1000 Ω load : 33 mV/Pa
- Output impedance : 50 Ω
- Rated load impedance : 1000 Ω
- Suggested load impedance : > 250 Ω
- Maximum SPL for 0.5% THD at 1000 Ω load : 134 dB
- S/N Ratio : 83.2 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level DIN/IEC A-weighten : 10.5 dB-A
- Dynamic range : 123.5 dB
- Phantom powering voltage on pin 2&3 of XLR : +48V (+/-4V)
- Current consumption : < 3mA
- Output connector : 3-pin XLR male
- Weight : 0.77kg(1.7lb)
- Dimension : 118mmX78mmX149mm
- Dimension : 4.65"(L)x3.07"(W)x5.87"(H)