JBL 306P MkII Powered 6.5" Two-Way Studio Monitor
The next-generation JBL 306P MkII powered studio monitor makes legendary JBL performance available to every studio. With the revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide and refined transducers, JBL 306P MkII offers stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive dynamic range that enhances the critical listening capabilities of any modern workspace. Featuring patented technologies derived from the JBL 7 Series and M2 Master Reference Monitors and sporting a sleek, modern design, JBL 306P MkII delivers outstanding performance and an enjoyable mix experience at an accessible price.
Since their release, word has spread on the quality and value found in the original JBL 3 Series, resulting in wide adoption from hobbyists to high-end professionals working in music, film, post, and broadcast production worldwide. With such an obvious hit, you might ask, "Why update now?" On every project at JBL, there’s always a handful of features or improvements that the engineering team can’t squeeze in before going to production. 3 Series was no different. When the opportunity presented itself, we decided to make those final improvements to the transducers, add a frequently-requested feature, and apply the latest manufacturing learnings. The result—a new edition of this popular studio monitor that retains the best qualities of the original, but now looks better, sounds better, and provides transparent sound in even more production environments.
Patented Image Control Waveguide
Reveal impressive detail, ambience and depth in your mixes thanks to the groundbreaking JBL Image Control Waveguide. Originally developed for JBL’s flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this patented innovation ensures an acoustically seamless transition between the low- and high-frequency transducers and provides an immersive soundstage with precise imaging. Offering a broad sweet spot and neutral frequency response, JBL 306P MkII delivers a crystal-clear representation of your mix—revealing subtle details, even when listening off-axis.
Your Mix is Only as Good as Your Monitors
To help you make the best mix decisions, JBL equipped the 306P MkII with acclaimed 3 Series transducers that now perform even better. Hear deep, accurate and tightly controlled bass thanks to a long-throw 6.5" woofer and the patented JBL Slip Stream™ low-frequency port. Enjoy soaring, immaculately detailed highs via the woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter. JBL engineers took things to the next level with faster HF transient response through fine-tuned ferrofluid damping, and greater low frequency linearity and lower harmonic distortion courtesy of an enhanced woofer design. The result is a studio monitor you can trust—with unmatched peak handling, stunning dynamics and neutral frequency response that’s unbeatable in its class.
Big Sound Out of the Box
JBL 306P MkII is ready for the most demanding production styles right out of the box. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers, custom designed by JBL for each transducer, give you generous dynamic range for any project. From music production and podcasting to cinematic sound design or daily vlogging, enjoy the output and power you need to hear exceptional detail at any volume—even at peak SPLs. Simply plug in, power on, and start creating.
Tailored Sound to Fit Your Studio
The dimensions and acoustics of a room can have a major effect on sonic accuracy, and that’s why JBL 306P MkII lets you adjust the response to fit your studio. The new Boundary EQ attenuates the low-end boost that can occur when you place monitors directly on the desktop or near walls. The 3-position HF Trim switch allows you to adjust the high-frequency response of the 306P MkII to tailor it to room acoustics or personal tastes.
Offering both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, and adjustable +4dBu/-10dBV input sensitivity, the 306P MkII offers flexible, professional connectivity options to provide easy setup while maintaining your signal integrity.
70 Years of Expertise
The design of the 306P MkII leverages over 70 years of JBL acoustic expertise to create a refined studio monitor at an outstanding value. While other manufacturers use off-the-shelf components and make subjective decisions about the sound, JBL builds speakers that squeeze every ounce of performance from each component to deliver efficient, accurate sound reproduction. 306P MkII is designed to JBL’s Linear Spatial Reference criteria-a series of 72 individual measurements taken 360 degrees around the speaker to ensure a faithful reproduction of your mix, whatever your listening environment.
JBL Professional Reliability
JBL Professional studio monitors are designed for reliable performance, even when projects push your gear to the limit. Before being approved for production, 3 Series monitors must first pass JBL’s strenuous Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly at maximum volume for an unheard-of 100 hours-without failure. As a result, you can depend on 306P MkII monitors to deliver consistently excellent sound reproduction for years to come.
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream™ low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- Dual integrated, custom Class-D amplifiers provide 112 watts of power for high output and dynamic range
- New Boundary EQ settings compensate for low frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu / -10dBV input-sensitivity switch and adjustable volume control
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy in any working space
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour full-power test ensures years of reliability
- Sleek, modern design provides a visual upgrade to any studio
Ultimate Acoustics ISO 100 Isolation Pads
Made from specially formulated, high load bearing foam, which makes them harder and denser than competing products. Foam can feel hard when it is actually stiff. UA Vibro-Pads are less stiff and therefore less susceptible to fatigue when carrying heavy loads. This makes them the best product on the market for effective, long-term isolation of all types of studio monitors.
Each set includes 4 pads with individual levelling adjuster providing a 5° or 10° slope to angle the speaker up, down or flat for optimum listening position.
Each base pad includes it’s own pre-cut levelling wedge adjuster which in standard position will provide a level surface. Alternatively the levelling wedge adjuster can be removed to provide either a 5o or 10o slope angled up or down according to which way round the base pad is resting.
Whichever position Vibro-Pads are utilised we guarantee that your monitors will provide a noticeable sonic improvement and your recordings will sound more accurate and defined once the vibration and resonance has been removed, and because your Studio Monitors are the most critical components to evaluate your recordings their full performance can only be truly revealed once vibration has been removed and total isolation has been achieved.
Manufactured in dark charcoal colour from a specially selected 65Kgs/3m density High Load Bearing (HLB) Hard foam, Vibro-Pads will perform over a long life demonstrating true resilience to compression and will not fatigue during use resulting in years of improved listening quality within your studio or private audio environment.
Pig Hog PHM10 8mm Microphone XLR Cable 10ft
Pig Hog cables are precisely overbuilt to stand up to the most grueling tour conditions imaginable. They feature extra-thick 8mm wire, performance quality connectors, and tension-resistant stress relief. And with Pig Hog's "no question" lifetime guarantee, we've got your back for the life of the cable. Don't settle for those fat-free cables. Grab hold of a Pig Hog!
- High performance microphone cable
- 8mm high quality rubber outer covering
- Heat shrink protected connectors
- Lifetime guarantee
JBL 306P MkII Powered 6.5" Two-Way Studio Monitor
- LF Driver Size: 165 mm (6.5")
- HF Driver Size: 25 mm (1")
- HF Driver Type: Soft dome
- Crossover: 1425Hz 4th order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
- Power Configuration: Bi-amplified
- HF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- LF Driver Power Amp: 56 W Class D
- Frequency Response: 47Hz – 20kHz (±3dB)
- Frequency Range: 39Hz – 24kHz (-10dB)
- Low Frequency Extension: 39Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum Continuous: SPL 92dB
- Maximum Peak: SPL 110dB
- Maximum Peak: Input Level +6dBV / +20.3dBu (-10dBV / +4dBu)
- System Distortion Criteria: <10% THD at maximum output with full compressor / limiter engagement
- Electrical Distortion Criteria: 0.2% THD @ 1kHz / 2.83VRMS output; <1% THD @ 1kHz, full rated output
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dBA (A-Weighted), 70dBr (unweighted), relative to 2.83VRMS output
- Coverage Pattern: 120° x 90° (horizontal x vertical)
- HF Trim Control: -2dB, 0dB, +2dB
- Boundary EQ: LF Shelf @ 50Hz
- AC Input Voltage: 100 – 240VAC (±10%), 50 / 60Hz
- Height: 361 mm (14.2")
- Width: 224 mm (8.8")
- Depth: 282 mm (11.1")
- Net Weight: 6.1 kg (13.42 lbs)
- Enclosure Type: Ported
- Enclosure Construction: 15mm MDF
- Enclosure Finish: Matte black PVC
- Baffle Construction: Injection-molded structural ABS
- Analog Input Types: 1 x XLR female, 1 x TRS female, balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 92dB / 1m (-10dBV Input)