18-inch Powered Subwoofer
The SRX900 Series embodies the advanced performance principles that drive JBL's development of audio products that make a real difference in the world of professional audio. This next-generation family of powered line arrays and subwoofers addresses the growing need for scalable small and medium-format professional sound-reinforcement solutions for rental companies, fixed installations and musicians seeking the ultimate combination of performance and portability.
The SRX918S is a single 18-inch active subwoofer designed to complement SRX900 Series full-range sound reinforcement systems. The subwoofer houses a JBL 2279-1 18-inch woofer featuring Differential Drive® – JBL’s dual voice coil, dual gap technology – to deliver better heat dissipation, lower power compression, and wider dynamic range than conventional single-coil designs.
Built-in DSP and amplification offer a plug and play experience while providing consistency and optimum performance anywhere in the world. The SRX918S incorporates a large low frequency port design that improves airflow and reduces audible turbulence, even at high output levels. A new, full-featured software package gives users control of the system on various platforms, including Windows, macOS, and iPad OS. Learn more about JBL Performance here.
- High-performance, high-density system solution in a truck-pack friendly format
- High-power-handling transducers deliver low distortion, high fidelity, and class-leading output
- Built-in, passively cooled Class D amplification with a universal power supply
- Dual Ethernet ports with Neutrik etherCON connectors
- Supports HARMAN HControl Ethernet
- User-controllable DSP
- LevelMax limiting uses sophisticated excursion-control algorithms to protect transducers
- Rear-panel LCD provides complete access to control features
- Reinforced 18mm plywood enclosures
- Frequency Range (-10dB): 35 Hz-90 Hz (Preset: 80 Hz)
- Coverage Pattern: Omnidirectional or Cardioid
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB (Preset: 80 Hz)
- System Type: Active Subwoofer
- Amplifier Design: Class-D
- Continous Power Rating: 1,100 Watts
- LF Driver: (1) JBL 2279G-1, 18 in diameter, 4 ohms, dual 3.0 in diameter voice coil, ferrite Differential Drive®
- Enclosure: 18 mm plywood, Black DuraFlex finish, two integral recessed handles
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 575 mm x 684 mm x 683 mm
(22.6 in x 26.9 in x 26.9 in)
- Net Weight (each): 44.5 kg (98 lbs)