Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep 2 MIDI Foot Controller
Everything you ever knew about foot controllers is about to change. SoftStep is a leap forward in the portability and functionality of footpedal controllers. Whether used with an effects rack, MIDI keyboard or popular music software, this innovative device frees musicians from heavy footswitch pedals while expanding their control. The SoftStep application works with the SoftStep hardware controller to manipulate sensor data for finely tailored control. These modified control sources are mappable to any MIDI or OSC destination, giving the player unlimited potential for creative expression.
- Pressure: Each key is pressure sensitive for expressive control
- Direction: Translate up/down and left/right foot movements into control values.
- Portable: Weighs just 1.3 pounds, stands <1" at its tallest, and is USB powered
- Deep: Up to 6 Note, CC, Pitch Bend, Program, MMC, or OSC messages per key
- Rugged: Elastomeric skin and a carbon fiber backing… "it's beer-proof!"
- Flashy: 4-character LED display, 10 dual-color key LEDs, and EL underglow
- Stage Control: Live, Traktor, Guitar Rig, AmplitTube, MainStage, Loopers and more
- Studio Control: MMC and HUI control for ProTools, Logic and more
- Hardware Control: Avid Eleven Rack, Line6 POD, keyboards, and FX units
- Beyond Sound: Control lighting and video effects, robotics, pyrotechnics...
Keith McMillen Instruments KMI MIDI Expander
The Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep MIDI Expander is a must-have accessory that enables you to use the SoftStep to control your MIDI world. The MIDI expander provides a MIDI In and a MIDI Out that show up on your computer as SoftStep MIDI Port 2.
Program your SoftStep with our easy-to-use control mapping software, plug in your MIDI rig, and you're ready to send and receive data to external MIDI hardware. Needed to use the SoftStep without your computer in standalone mode.