We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
Latin Roots, A World of Fun
Meet the latest edition to Korg’s Arranger Keyboard series, the EK-50 CSA, featuring inspiring new Styles and Sounds focused on popular music in Latin America. The EK-50 CSA builds on the success of the original EK-50, adding authentic Latin Styles ranging from Modern Latin Dance to Mariachi, Banda, Salsa, Cumbia, and more.
The EK-50 CSA is simple to use and allows your musical ideas to evolve effortlessly into complete ready-to-play songs, with auto musical accompaniment that follows your chord changes. Styles provide an entire backing band as you play the keyboard, and high-quality sounds inspire you to add phrases as they come to mind. Simply put, the EK-50 CSA is an Arranger Keyboard with Latin flare that you can enjoy on any musical level.
- New styles that focus on popular music from Latin America
- New sounds including trumpets, saxophones, brass, guitar, bass and other popular instruments such as
- Sampoña and Charango.
- Performance record mode for quick and easy recording
- A layout that makes the numerous functions intuitive
- Built-in speakers for immediate enjoyment anywhere
- Play back favorite songs on the instrument while performing Refreshed speaker grill color
- Add Styles from KORG’s extensive library
Authentic Latin Music
The EK-50 CSA is packed with 686 instruments, 160 Keyboard Sets, and 356 authentic musical Styles that capture the essence of Latin music, developed by a team of highly talented musicians and programmers in Latin America. Many of the Styles in EK-50 CSA have been
re-made to take advantage of new and inspiring sounds. New authentic saxophone and brass sounds can be heard in Style categories such as Salsa and Merengue, and specialty sounds such as Quena can be heard in Styles such as Cumbia Andina. This allows EK-50 CSA to create the widest variety of Latin music genres, including Cumbia, Reggaeton, Mariachi, Merengue, Ska, and many more. In addition to the new Latin Styles, EK-50 CSA also includes the wide range of international Styles and Sounds from the original EK-50, allowing you to cover a wide range of music.
Inspiring Sound Capability
EK-50 CSA adds new sounds including trumpets, saxophones, brass, guitar, bass and even specialty instruments such as Sampoña and Charango. With a total of 39 custom drum kits and a complete MIDI GM2 sound set, the EK-50 CSA is a capable instrument no matter where your music takes you. Calling up any of the 160 factory Keyboard Sets allows up to four sounds to be played at once: three layered across the upper keys, and one split to the lower keys. While Sound Sets are played in real time by the user, the 356 Styles contain various pre-programmed drum, percussion and accompaniment parts to elevate your performance into a full sounding musical production, with a band that follows the chord changes you play.
A high-fidelity PCM sound engine and two stereo effects processors make the EK-50 CSA capable of creating expressive music with motion and depth. There is also a convenient Grand Piano button located on the main panel, which means you can instantly recall a beautiful acoustic piano sound at any time.
Fresh New Look
The EK-50 CSA features a new dark silver color for speaker grilles, adding a fresh new look. Easily see the names of Style categories right on the main panel with updated genre names to support the new Styles that come preloaded!
Play a wide variety of sounds
The EK-50 CSA contains 686 realistic sounds including pianos, guitars, brass, sax, drums, and more. Simply select and play the sound you need, whether you’re playing a solo performance or are performing in a band. You can also use the Split function to divide the keyboard and play different sounds simultaneously - such as piano with the right hand and bass with the left. The ability to easily split and layer on EK-50 CSA means you can quickly combine your favorite sounds and save them directly in the Set List for quick access.
A layout that makes numerous functions intuitive
The middle of the operating panel has a bright, clear display that shows the currently selected sound and Style names in large characters for great visibility. The buttons on EK-50 CSA are illuminated by their own LEDs which helps you visualize the setting of each function. There’s also a “Grand Piano button” which brings you right back to the starting grand piano sound at any time, regardless of the currently selected sound.
Built-in speakers for immediate enjoyment
Powerful 10W x 10W stereo speakers are built into the instrument. They can reproduce not only the sound of the instrument itself, but also sound from an external device that you connect to the input jack. Additionally, a music rest and AC adaptor are included, so you’re completely
Compose, Record, and Share
EK-50 CSA offers a number of ways to easily capture your musical creations, and features convenient one touch recording. With this feature, your ideas can be quickly captured when inspiration strikes. There is also a powerful and easy to use sequencer that can function as a linear 12-track recorder.
Song mode lets you play back your own original creations, internal demo songs, MP3 or WAV audio data and SMF (Standard MIDI File) data saved on any commercially-available USB flash drive. You’ll also be able to play onboard sounds while these songs play back.
Add Styles from KORG’s extensive library
The EK-50 CSA is open-ended, which allows you to add additional Styles via a USB flash drive, to help you easily customize and expand your playing experience with the EK Series
- Keyboard: 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Touch Control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed Sound Generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 64 voices Sounds :
- Total of 686 Sounds on EK-50 CSA
- 662 sounds from the original EK-50 + 24 new sounds
- EK-50CSA features newly added folk instruments including a Sampoña (flute) and charango (guitar) from the Andean region of South America. There is also a quena (flute) from the Peruvian region as well as other new instruments including trumpet, saxophone, brass, guitar, bass, and other instruments popular in the region.
Total of 39 Drum Kits on EK-50CSA - 33 from the original EK-50 and 6 New kits. New PCM added for EK-50 CSA totals 36 multi-samples and 85 Drum Samples
- Keyboard Sets: More than 170 sets Effects:
- Accompaniment part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects Keyboard part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- 34 types (148 variations)
- New authentic Styles have been voiced by programmers in Central America - including "Cumbia," "Mariachi,"
- "Banda," and "Norteño", which are popular genres of music in Mexico and Latin American countries.
- In total, EK-50 CSA adds 100 new Latin Styles
- 256 styles from the original EK-50 remain, covering a wide range of musical genres from around the world (48
- Latin styles have already been implemented here as well).
- 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 count in/break, 2 endings, synchro start/stop, tap tempo Music Styles More
- than 16 styles
- Demo Songs: 18 songs
- Audio Player: MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Record: Real-time recording (Style mode), maximum of 999 songs (approx. 100,000 notes), 12 tracks (4 keyboard parts + 8 auto accompaniment parts), original format (can convert to SMF0)
- Playback: Supports song play (playing on the keyboard during song playback), SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1
- Scales: 11 types (including user scale)
- Power button, VOLUME knob, joystick, STYLE/[MUSIC STYLE] button, SONG/[DEMO SONG] button,
- KEYBOARD SET/[STS] button, GRAND PIANO button, each button in the PART MUTE/[SOUND SELECT]
- section, SETTING/[EFFECT] button, MEDIA button, SPEAKER EQ/[SPEAKER OFF] button, [SHIFT] button, ENSEMBLE button, SPLIT button, METRONOME/[BEAT SELECT] button, TAP TEMPO/[TEMPO LOCK]
button, TRANSPOSE b and #/[OCTAVE –/+] buttons, dial, CATEGORY button, value buttons, + button, - button, each button in the STYLE/SONG section, each button in the SET LIST section
- Set lists: 10 banks × 4 Metronome: Tempo, beat, volume Tempo: 30–240
- Key Transpose: C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12) Tuning: 427.5–452.9 Hz
- Foot controller jack: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack AUDIO IN jack: 3.5 (1/8") mm stereo mini-phone jack
OUTPUT L/ MONO, R jacks: 6.3 mm (1/4") phone jack (unbalanced) Headphones jack: 3.5 mm (1/8") stereo mini-phone jack
- USB A port: TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers USB B port TO HOST port for
- connecting personal computers
- Speaker System Amplification: 10 W × 2
- Speakers: 120 mm (4.72") double-cone speakers × 2 (bass reflex box-type) Speaker EQ: 8 types
- MIDI: USB MIDI
- Display : Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power supply: AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries)
× 8 (sold separately)
- Battery life: When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 7 hours Power Consumption: 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 994 mm × 392 mm × 132 mm/39.13" × 15.43" × 5.20" (not including sheet music stand)
- Height with sheet music stand attached: 329 mm/12.95"
- Weight 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries) Included items: AC adapter, sheet music stand
- Accessories(sold separately): EXP-2 foot controller, DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch, SC-EK/Pa soft case