Korg Krome 73 Limited Edition 73-Key Music Workstation Keyboard/Synthesizer - Platinum
The KROME is now available in a limited-edition platinum-color model that exudes refinement.
The KROME, KORG’s premium standard in music workstations, is now available in a new eagerly-awaited color. With superb sound that overturns expectations for its class and a stylish new platinum color, this model is the perfect way for you to stand out in your music production or on stage.
A limited number of KROME Platinum units will be sold.
A carefully chosen selection of the top sounds.
--- available such as piano, electric piano, drum.
In addition to Korg’s well-proven workstation features, KROME features a carefully chosen selection of the top sounds available today for bread-and-butter keyboard instruments such as piano and electric piano, as well as vital and dynamic drum kits, giving you the best of the basics. These highly usable piano, electric piano, and drum sounds by themselves set KROME apart from any other keyboard in its class. With sound quality and features normally found in much more expensive instruments, KROME aspires to set a whole new value standard, and become a unique and irreplaceable partner for real-world musicians.
Spectacular Grand Piano breaks new ground
Piano sounds are critically important for nearly every keyboard instrument. KROME borrows the impressive "German D Grand" that was created for the KRONOS flagship.
In addition to the rich sound of 88 full-length unlooped stereo samples, damper resonance is also included. In fact, the PCM memory used for just this "German D Grand" alone occupies several times – even several tens of times – more memory capacity than the entire PCM memory used in a typical workstation or PCM synthesizer. Unless the original sound is impeccable, no amount of parameter editing can create an enjoyable playing experience.
The KROME’s piano is an example of Korg's passion for every musician to enjoy great sounds played on great instruments. This resonant, authentic, and realistic piano represents a major increase in quality for this class of keyboard.
Electric pianos offering expressive warmth and realism
For many keyboardists, the electric piano sound is just as critical as the acoustic piano sound. KROME features three types of electric pianos.
Eight velocity levels have been used to ensure faithful response to the player's expression. Lavish amounts of PCM memory have been used for this purpose, to the extent that just one of these electric piano types contains more sample data than the entire sound memory of a typical PCM synthesizer.
In addition, the vintage amps, cabinets, and classic effects so important to these timeless sounds have been realistically modeled, ensuring that everything from the touch to the final sound will be utterly enjoyable.
Studio-quality drum sounds
The built-in drum kits play a major role in song production on any music workstation. KROME contains the same "Jazz Ambience Drums" that can be found on the Korg KRONOS. Taking advantage of the high-capacity PCM memory, these sounds capture a dramatically high level of response and realism.
Adjusting the mix balance between the direct sound (a mic placed near the head or cymbal) and the ambient sound (recorded from a distant mic to capture the resonance of the room), allows you to create a rich drum sound that has exactly the balance and character that you want.
Colorful palette of sounds
In addition to piano, electric piano, and drums, KROME has a plentiful array of sounds to cover a broad range of styles that will meet a wide variety of needs. Stimulate your creativity by selecting any of the 640 Programs or 288 Combinations. Each one has been carefully created by professional studio and performing musicians to provide exceptional real-world use for both rich clean backing parts or soaring solos. Plus you can tweak, customize, create, and save your own sounds as well.
Drum Track delivers realistic grooves
Simply pressing a single button turns on the Drum Track feature, providing realistic grooves played by professionals using the KROME’s studio-quality drum sounds. Play along or incorporate them into your music production.
In addition to more than 600 preset patterns inherited from KRONOS, there's plenty of space for saving user patterns as well. Drum patterns can be created and used with the sequencer, as well as providing a rhythm guide while you play, or they can be used creatively in your live performances.
Dual polyphonic arpeggiators
In Combination mode or Sequencer mode, two arpeggiators can be running simultaneously. In addition to standard arpeggio patterns, these arpeggiators can generate guitar or bass riffs, drum patterns, or they can even be used as building blocks for sound design, to create pads, synth sounds, and sound effects that include subtle motion. You're also free to edit any of the patterns to create your own custom originals.
KROME has a full complement of the features you’ve come to expect from a Korg workstation, starting with the 16-track sequencer. But there’s much, much more. KROME comes complete with a rich suite of tools to jumpstart your creative urges. There's the convenient Auto Song Setup function; if inspiration strikes while you're playing a program or combination, simply press the REC switch to start recording immediately. Each Template Song assigns popular sounds to sequencer tracks through pre-routed effects to match a specific musical genre. Achieve lightning-fast arrangements using Korg’s Cue List, and build an armada of instant-access patterns using the RPPR (Realtime Pattern/Play Recording) feature. Go back and you can make any changes using the convenient piano-roll editing.
KROME 73 feature a semi-weighted keyboard; the great feel and response are ideal for playing everything from any style of piano, to dynamic organ performance, to pyrotechnic synthesizer solos.
Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality
The dramatic dark colored body provides KROME with an elegantly curved profile. The top control panel is made using two aluminum panels of differing design.
The result is a distinctive appearance that projects an unmistakable presence, even on a cluttered stage. In both looks and sound, KROME will make a strong impression on the audience.
Intuitive TouchView™ interface
KROME’s huge 800 x 480 pixel TouchView Color display can show numerous parameters at once, ensuring great visibility. Simply touch the screen to change sounds or edit parameters. Finger-drag editing is also supported, allowing you to use the on-screen sliders and knobs directly.
Numerous functions take advantage of the TouchView interface, such as the piano roll editor, a stopwatch that’s convenient for keeping track of a live performance, and a calculator keypad that is convenient for entering numerical values.
USB and SD Storage
You can connect KROME to your computer via USB to easily transfer MIDI data. You can also use an SD card (commercially available) to manage the KROME’s data files.
Stand-alone and Plug-in KROME Editing Software
The KROME Editor and KROME Plug-In Editor allow you to edit your KROME from your computer while viewing large numbers of parameters simultaneously, or to use KROME in your DAW as if it were a software synthesizer. You can download the latest version of the KROME sound editor from the Korg website.
- 3.8GB High-capacity PCM memory
- KRONOS-derived full length, unlooped piano and drum sounds, plus new electric pianos designed to shine on stage
- The Korg workstation ideal for any style of piano playing
- Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching for unmatched expressive power
- Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds for studio-grade quality
- Drum Track plays back realistic, inspiring grooves at the touch of a button
- Expertly created, in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Preload Combinations
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality
- Clear, intuitive control with Korg’s exclusive 7-inch color TouchView™ display
- USB connection to your computer, plus an SD Card slot for data storage
- You can use the KROME editor to edit sounds on your computer
- Semi Weighted Keyboard
velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported
Standard C1 - C7 (transposable in the range [C0...C6]-[C2...C8])
- EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony
- 120 voices (120 Oscillators) / Single Mode
60 voices (120 Oscillators) / Double Mode
*The maximum simultaneous voice polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings, velocity crossfading and whether you are using mono or stereo multisamples.
- PCM Memory
- 3.8 GB (In case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
583 multisamples (including 12 Stereo multi-samples)
2,080 drumsamples (including 474 Stereo Drumsamples )
- OSC1 (Single); OSC1 + 2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 8 velocity zones per oscillator with switching, crossfades and layers
- Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
Two multi-mode filters per oscillator (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- Three bands, with sweepable mid
- For each oscillator: two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
Two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
Two AMS mixers
Two common key tracking generators
- Timbre Number
- Max: 16
For each Timbre: keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfades
Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function
- Master Keyboard Functionality
- Krome can act as a Master Keyboard able to control external MIDI devices such as sound modules.
- Drum Kit
- Stereo and mono drum samples
8 velocity zones switch (crossfades and layers)
- The number of Combination / Program / Drum Kit:
- User Combination
- 512 Combination (288 Preload)
- User Program
- 768 Program (640 Preload)
- User Drum Kit
- 48 Drum Kit (32 Preload)
- Preset Program
- 256 GM2 Program + 9 GM2 Drums Program
- Insert Effects
- 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out)
- Master Effects
- 2 Master Effects (stereo in/out)
- Total Effects
- 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out)
- Timbre / Track EQ
- 3-band EQ per in 1 Timbre / in 1 Track
- Effect Types
- 193 types
(Usable as insert, master, or total effects. However, double-size effects cannot be used as a total effect.)
- Dynamic Modulation, 2 Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses
- Stereo side chain (Limiter, Gate, Vocoder, etc)
- Effect Preset
- 32 preset per effect
- Program Mode:
- 1 unit
- Combination, Sequencer Mode:
- 2 units are available.
- Number of pattern:
- 5 preset Arpeggio pattern
- 1,028 User Arpeggio pattern (900 Preload)
- Preset Patterns
- 637 patterns
(Common with the preset pattern of the Sequencer mode)
- User Patterns
- 1,000 patterns
(Pattern created in Sequencer mode can be converted to drum track user pattern)
- Configurable “Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone”
- 16-track MIDI Sequencer + 1 master track
- Number of Songs
- 128 Songs
- 40.00 - 300.00 (1/100 BPM resolution)
- Maximum memory
- 210,000 MIDI events
- Template Song
- 16 preset / 16 user template songs
- Cue List function
- 20 Cue List
Songs can be arranged consecutively or repeatedly in up to 99 steps, a cue list can be converted back into a song.
- Pattern / RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play and Recording)
- 637 Preset / 100 User pattern (Per song)
1 pattern set per song
- KORG (KROME) format, SMF format 0 and 1
- Load, Save, Utility, Data filer functionality (Save and Load MIDI System Exclusive Data)
- Joystick, SW , SW 
- Realtime Control
- [SELECT] Switch: REALTIME CONTROL (TONE, USER), ARP
4 Knobs; REALTIME CONTROL: Real-time Modulation, Arpeggio control
- Drum Track
- [DRUM TRACK] Switch On/Off
- [ARP] Switch On/Off
- Touch view graphical User Interface
7 -inch Color TFT LCD, 800 x 480 pixel
Onboard LCD brightness control
- Mode Switch:
- [COMBI], [PROG], [SEQ], [GLOBAL], [MEDIA] Switch
- VALUE controller:
- [VALUE] Dial, [INC], [DEC] Switch, 10 key block ( - , [-], [.], [ENTER], [COMPARE])
- BANK Switch:
- [A], [B], [C], [D], [E], [F] switch (in Combination mode, [A], [B], [C], [D] switch are available)
- SEQUENCER switch:
- [PAUSE], [REW], [FF], [LOCATE], [REC], [START / STOP]
- [TEMPO] knob, [TAP] switch
- [PAGE] switch, [WRITE] switch, [EXIT] switch, [VOLUME] knob, Contrast knob
- AUDIO OUTPUT (L / MONO, R)
- 6.3mm (Mono) Phone jack, Unbalanced
Output Impedance: 1.1[kΩ] (L / Mono terminal: in case of Mono output, = 550[Ω])
Maximum level: +16.0 [dBu], Load Impedance: more than 10 [kΩ].
- Headphone Output
- 3.5mmStereo phone jack
Output Impedance: 33[Ω], Maximum level: 60 + 60[mW] (In case of 33[Ω] Loaded)
- IN, OUT
- USB-MIDI Interface (TYPE B) x 1
- SD Card Slot
- Max: 2 GB / SD Memory Card is supported
Max: 32 GB/ SDHC Memory Card is supported
(SDXC Memory Card is not supported)
(W x D x H)
- 46.89 x 12.32 x 3.66 inches / 1,191 x 313 x 93 mm
- 18.08 lbs. / 8.2 kg
- Power supply (DC12V 3.5A), POWER switch
- Power Consumption
- 13 W (KROME- 73)
- AC Adapter, Quick Start Guide, Accessory Disc (KROME Operation Guide PDF, Parameter Guide PDF, Video Manual)