Korg TM-60 Combo Tuner Metronome, Black
The best-selling KORG TM series, which lets you use a tuner and metronome simultaneously, has been revamped. The TM-60 is the newest model and features a larger display that can show the tuner and metronome simultaneously. The battery life has also been dramatically improved. With the all-new TM-60, you’ll be able to enjoy pitch training and rhythm training without having to switch functions or be concerned with battery life.
The TM-60, the tuner/metronome that’s even more convenient and easier to use.
Tuning and rhythm training are indispensable for brass band or orchestral practice. In addition to letting you use the tuner and metronome simultaneously, the TM-60 features a display that’s approximately 1.3 times larger than the previous model (the TM-50), allowing easy viewing even when the unit is placed on your music stand, and also allowing the tuner and metronome functions to both be viewed simultaneously.
No longer will you have to switch between functions; you’ll be able to use practicing techniques that are idiomatic to orchestral instruments, such as keeping a consistent pitch over the course of a long note while varying the tone to add vibrato in time with the tempo, or checking the pitch of chords while using the metronome.
The enlarged display is backlit. You can adjust the brightness in two levels, soft or auto, ensuring stress-free tuning even when you’re on a dimly lit stage or in an orchestra pit.
The circuitry has been redesigned to achieve a battery life of 130 hours, approximately double that of the previous TM-50 model (tuner in use, backlight off). There’s no need to worry about the remaining battery life even during extended practices or performances.
Needle-type meter with excellent response
KORG’s proprietary technology accurately detects the pitch without any time lag. The pitch drift that is prone to occur during long tones played on a wind instrument can be detected before it happens, letting you train yourself to produce unwavering tone with stable pitch.
A wide detection range of C1–C8 supports a variety of instruments
The TM-60 can detect note names and pitches for a variety of orchestral and other instruments. The range from C1 (32.70 Hz) to C8 (4186.01 Hz) can easily be detected. Even acoustic instruments that are difficult to detect because their sound contains a significant amount of low-frequency energy or a large number of partials, such as guitar and ukulele, can be tuned easily and accurately.
Also available in the lineup is the TM-60C, which is shipped with a CM-200 contact mic. By attaching the CM-200 to your instrument, the vibrations can be sent directly to the tuner for more accurate tuning.
Marks that indicate pure major and minor third intervals
In an ensemble such as a brass band or orchestra, harmonies of third intervals are easily perceived as out of tune, and can be made to sound better by slightly adjusting the pitch to a pure major or minor third. The TM-60’s meter scale provides marks that indicate pure major and minor thirds, and simply by tuning so that the needle coincides with these marks* allows you to play in beautiful harmony with an ensemble. This is convenient not only for orchestral instruments but also for vocal music or a cappella practice.
When tuning to a pure major or minor third, the specific note to be adjusted depends on the music that you’re playing.
Sound Out mode generates a reference tone
In addition to a meter for visual tuning, the TM-60 provides a "sound out" mode that lets you tune using your ear while listening to a reference tone from the internal speaker or a set of connected headphones. The reference tone can be selected from the three-octave range of C3 (130.81 Hz) to C6 (1046.50 Hz), supporting not only wind instruments but also a variety of other instruments.
Sound Back mode generates the reference tone that’s closest to your input pitch
Sound Back mode generates the reference tone that’s closest to the pitch that you’re playing, while simultaneously indicating your input pitch on the meter. Since this allows you to check the pitch with both eye and ear, it lets you tune more precisely, and it’s also ideal for ear training. Refining your ear is a particularly helpful practice method for the beginner.
This function is available when there is a connection either to the INPUT jack or to the headphone jack (or both).
A metronome section that’s useful for practicing a variety of styles
Easily set the tempo using three different methods
You can set the tempo using three different methods: "pendulum step" lets you increase or decrease the tempo value in the same way as the settings on a standard pendulum-type metronome, "full step" lets you specify the tempo in single-step increments in the range of 30–252, and "tap tempo" lets you specify the desired tempo by pressing the switch in time with the song you’re playing.
Fifteen rhythm variations for practicing a wide range of musical genres
There are 15 different built-in rhythms* including time signatures from 0 through 9 as well as duplets, triplets, triplets with the middle note omitted, quadruplets, and quadruplets with the middle notes omitted, and the tempo can be freely specified in the range of 30–252 beats per minute. Sophisticated rhythms such as triplets or quadruplets with the middle notes omitted are used in a wide range of styles from classical to rock and jazz.
When using the tuner function and metronome function simultaneously, you can’t specify triplets, triplets with the middle note omitted, quadruplets, or quadruplets with the middle notes omitted.
Enhanced ease of use with a newly designed stand and battery compartment cover
The design of the TM-60 pays careful attention to every detail of the unit. A folding stand lets you position the unit stably. The battery compartment cover is designed as a single piece with the unit itself, eliminating any danger of the cover being lost when you replace the batteries.
Convenient memory backup function and auto power-off function
The memory backup function ensures that the tuner section’s calibration and reference tone settings, and the metronome section’s tempo, time signature, pendulum/full-step, and backlight settings are remembered even when the power is turned off. (These settings are initialized when you replace the batteries.)
If 20 minutes elapses while the metronome is not operated and no sound is being input to the tuner, the auto power-off function automatically turns the power off.
- Equipped with high-precision tuner function and metronome function. The two functions can be used simultaneously.
- The display is approximately 1.3 times the size of the previous model (TM-50), allowing the tuner and metronome to be shown simultaneously.
- Backlit LCD ensures excellent visibility even in dark locations.
- LCD needle-type meter detects the pitch instantly, providing the excellent response that you expect from KORG.
- A wide detection range of C1–C8 supports a broad range of instruments.
- Calibration is adjustable to match various concert pitches.
- Marks are provided to indicate pure major and minor third intervals.
- Sound Out mode and Sound Back mode are great ways to train your ear.
- Metronome features a wide tempo range from 30 to 252 beats/minute. Choose from three types of tempo settings and 15 rhythm variations.
- Long-life design with approximately double the battery life. (Compared to the KORG TM-50, in tuner mode with backlight off)
- Convenient memory backup function and auto power-off function.
- Further improvements in ease of use, including a newly designed stand and battery compartment cover.
- Available in black or white, two simple and timeless colors.
- Separately sold CM-200 contact mic allows even higher tuning precision. The lineup also includes the TM-60C which is packaged with a CM-200 in a color that matches the body of the tuner/metronome unit.
- Scale : 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range : C1 (32.70 Hz)–C8 (4186.01 Hz) with sine wave input
- Reference Tone Generation : C3 (130.81 Hz)–C6 (1046.50 Hz) three-octave range
- Tuning Modes : meter mode, sound out mode, sound back mode
- Calibration Range : A4=410–480 Hz (1 Hz units)
- Detection Accuracy : better than +/-1 cent
- Sound Accuracy : better than +/-1 cent
- Tempo Range : Quarter note=30–252 times/minute
- Tempo Setting Method : pendulum step, full step, tap tempo
- Time Signature Range : 15 types (0–9 beats, duplets, triplets, triplets with center note omitted, quadruplets, quadruplets with center notes omitted)
- Tempo Precision : +/-0.3%
- Connectors : INPUT jack (6.3 mm monaural phone jack, unbalanced), headphone jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack)
- Speaker : Dynamic speaker (φ23mm)
- Power Supply : Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life : Tuner: Approximately 130/55/36 hours (backlight: off/soft/auto, continuous A4 input, using zinc-carbon batteries)
- Metronome: Approximately 130/55/36 hours (backlight: off/soft/auto, tempo 120, 4 beats, maximum volume, using zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) : 111 mm x 74 mm x 18 mm / 4.37" × 2.91" × 0.71"
- Weight : 100 g / 3.53 oz. (including batteries)
- Included Items : Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
- Accessories (separately sold) : CM-200 contact mic