Maestro Electronics Fuzz-Tone FZ-M Guitar Effects Pedal
A Direct Descendant of the Very First Fuzz Pedal
Maestro created the world’s first fuzz pedal – the Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1. Introduced in 1962, the Fuzz-Tone became the sound of rock and roll and a must-have accessory for guitarists everywhere after the success of 1965’s (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones, which prominently featured its cutting edge sound. Now Maestro is bringing the fun and sonic fury of those early Fuzz-Tones back with the new Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-M. This all-analog pedal boasts a Mode toggle switch that provides two pedals in one functionality for increased sonic versatility with both an FZ-1 inspired fuzz sound and a thicker, more modern fuzz tone. Its 3-knob control layout gives you intuitive control. The Attack knob controls the amount of fuzz. The Tone control lets you adjust the timbre from bright and raspy to warm and wooly and anywhere in between. Use the Level control to set the output volume; it can go way beyond unity gain when desired. The true bypass footswitch triggers the LED lights in the bugles in the Maestro logo when it’s on, so you’ll always know when the effect is active.
*Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our supply chain and distribution teams, your order may require an increased lead time. Our team will be working hard to ensure that all orders are processed in a timely manner but please expect minor delays.
- Name: Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-M
- Controls: Attack, Tone, Level
- Switches: True Bypass footswitch, Modern/Classic Mode toggle switch
- Led Indicators: Red, yellow, and blue bugles in the Maestro logo illuminate when the pedal is active
- Signal Processing: All-Analog
- Power Requirements: 9V battery or regulated 9VDC power supply (5.5 x 2.1 mm plug, wired center-negative)
- Current Draw: 21 mA
- Power On Switch: Incorporated into the input jack. Unplug the input when not in use to prevent battery drain. Remove the battery when the pedal is going to be stored for long periods to prevent leakage and damage.
- Input Impedance: 32 kOhms
- Output Impedance: 5 kOhms
- Switching Type: True Bypass
- Dimensions: 5.04" x 3.45" x 2.5" (128.0 mm x 87.6 mm x 63.5 mm)
- Weight: Net: 1.23 lb. (557.9 gm.) Gross: 1.59 lb. (721.2 gm.)