Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation GOATKEEPER 2-Stage Polyrhythmic Analog Tremolo Guitar Effects Pedal
The Malekko Goatkeeper (MGK) is a completely redesigned version of the Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, first released in 2007. The core of the pedal is an all analog tremolo circuit using a THAT Corp VCA, which when combined with the built in waveforms, can produce tremolo sounds from percussive to
smooth. The MGK’s LFO generation consists of two stages, each with a range of multiplier values and waveform selection.
The two stages can be run in one of four modes:
- Sequential: The two stages are run one after the other
- Composite: The two stages are run simultaneously and the effective waveform is a polyrhythmic composite of the two.
- Modulation: The two stages are run simultaneously and the second waveform modulates the first waveform.
- Single: First stage only for classic tremolo.
Tempo can be set with the RATE knob or with the Tap/Sync input. The Tap/Sync input accepts a Malekko Lil’ Buddy for tap tempo control, or an analog clock/metronome signal. The DEPTH knob allows the effect to vary from subtle to high intensity.
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTED FEATURE LIST:
- 2-stage LFO with Sequential, Composite, and Modulation modes
- LFO modes create sounds from simple to complex polyrhythms
- Stage 1 multipliers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, Random
- Stage 2 multipliers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Waveforms set individually on each stage
- Sine, square, pulse, long square, ramp up, ramp down waveforms available
- Randomize waveforms on Stage 1
- Rate and Depth controls
- All analog signal path using THAT Corp VCA
- Large analog headroom
- LEDs show waveform intensity of each stage
- Relay true bypass with LED indicator
- Detented knobs for quick and accurate settings
- Tap tempo via Malekko Lil’ Buddy or sync with external metronome/clock
- Single stage mode for classic tremolo
- POWER: 9vDC adapter (neg tip). Current draw is approximately 50mA.
- Weight: .64 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.5 × 2.25 × 2.5 in