The first thing you’ll notice when you step on the PAC-9 is a beefy, full-bodied chorusing that punches you directly in the chest – gone are the thin, hissy, sissified chorus tones of yesteryear, replaced instead by a full-frequency effect that simply sounds massive.
The PAC-9’s circuit uses professional-grade IC’s typically reserved for High-End Audio applications, providing audiophile performance in a compact stompbox format.
When compared to a standard chorus, the PAC-9’s effect appears more dramatic and has more presence in a mix – this is due to the retention of low and low-mid frequencies that are typically chopped out by other boxes.
The PAC-9’s LFO has an extended range that allows it to nail classic rotary speaker sounds with ease. In addition to standard Speed and Width controls, The PAC-9 also features two unique controls: The Pure switch boosts the delayed signal by 4 dB to create a more dramatic, tremolo-like chorus effect, while the Bright switch subtly scoops lows on the delayed signal for a more traditional chorusing sound.
Standard and inverted (90 degrees out of phase) outputs allow for mono, stereo, or inverted mono signal routing options.
The PAC-9’s internal voltage-doubling circuitry provides maximum headroom to eliminate input distortion. The higher operating voltage also allows it to be used in an FX loop to place the chorus effect post-gain.
NOTE ON POWERING THE PAC-9 - this pedal’s voltage regulator IC requires a high inrush current of approximately 2000 mA upon startup. When using with a Power Brick such as the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+, this pedal should be connected to a high current power jack when possible.
If it is not possible to connect to a high current jack, you can power the PAC-9 by leaving a battery in the pedal. Upon initial start-up, unplug the external DC power input cable, engage the pedal, and then plug the DC power input cable back in – the pedal will now power up normally off the external power supply until you power down your pedalboard.
- Analog chorus with lush, organic tone
- Wide-range Speed control for Rotary speaker effects
- Special noise filtering circuit
- Bright and Pure switches for additional tonal options
- Stereo outputs
- Works in FX loop or front-end of amp
- True Bypass Switching
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
- Maximum Output Level: +9 dB (400 Hz)
- Delay Time: 4.6 msec – 7.68 msec
- Speed Frequency: .33 Hz – 8 Hz
- Controls: SPEED, WIDTH
- Switch: BYPASS/EFFECT (mechanical TBS)
- In/Out: INPUT, OUTPUT, INVERSE OUTPUT
- Residual Noise: -95 dB (IHF-A)
- Indicator: BYPASS/EFFECT LED
- Internal Circuit Voltage: 9 VDC (DC-DC Converter)
- Current Consumption: 21 mA / 9 VDC
- Power Supply: 6F22 9V battery or Maxon AC Adaptor
- Battery Life: Manganese battery 8.5 hours @ 25deg C, Alkaline battery 20 hours @ 25deg C
- Dimensions: 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H) / 2.9” (W) x 4.9” (D) x 2.13” (H)
- Weight: 580 g (including battery) / 20.46 oz.