Since its original release in the early 80’s the Sonic Distortion has gained a huge cult following among tone connoisseurs, including the likes of guitar legends Scott Henderson and Mike Landau.
Maxon’s current-production reissue captures all the magic of the original with the added benefit of true bypass switching.
The SD-9 provides a smooth distortion that covers a wide range of Gain levels from mild overdrive through pseudo-fuzz. Regardless of the Gain setting, the SD-9 remains articulate and responsive to note dynamics, providing excellent sustain without crossing over into super-compressed Metal territory.
The SD-9’s Tone knob has plenty of top end on tap, yet notes still retain a round, full-bodied tonality with the low end presence usually associated with amp distortion. The pedal’s midrange response is smooth and even – present without seeming spiked.
Since its humble origins to its current place in the pedalboards of the stars, the Maxon Sonic Distortion has proven itself to be a timeless classic that has only improved with age.
- Reissue of classic Distortion from the 80’s
- Great sustain and volume clean-up
- Wide operation range covers mid-gain Overdrive through Fuzz
- Versatile Tone control can provide bright top and tight, punchy lows
- Scott Henderson’s favorite Distortion!
- True Bypass Switching
- Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
- Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance: 10K Ohms
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output: 1
- Equivalent Input Noise: -114 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Maximum Output Level: 0 dBm
- Maximum Gain: +42 dB (at 2.0 KHz)
- Controls: Distortion, Tone, Level
- Switch: Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration)
- Power Supply: 9V Manganese dry cell battery (6F22) or special AC adaptor
- Power Voltage: DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption: 6 mA (9 V) / 7 mA (10 V)
- AC Adaptor: AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
- Dimensions (whole): 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)
- Weight: 580 g