A Tighter, Meaner Recto
It’s time to unleash a new member of the Rectifier Family; the Rectifier® Badlander™ 100. Tighter, meaner, more aggressive, it’s a Recto tuned for the times and up for the task of raising the bar once again in Rock tone. Experienced players know there’s nothing like the gut punch, girth and headroom of a 100-Watt head and at the top of the Badlander Family stands the Badlander 100 ready to underscore that perception again.
Two identical Channels feature 3 new super dynamic and duplicated Modes. CLEAN, CRUNCH and CRUSH repeated supply all the gain, shaping power and raw personality you’ll need to navigate any Band or Session environment. The easy to pilot 2-Channel preamp is harnessed with three different and perfect power displacements, each delivering addictive EL34 performance.
Multi-Watt- 100, 50 or 20 Watts at the Switch
The Badlander 100 features our patented Multi-Watt™ Power Switch that offers three wattage settings; A FULL power of 100 watts running the full quartet of EL34s, a HALF power setting cranking 50 Watts that puts two ELs to their best use, and a reconfigured Triode wired option producing 20 Watts of clip-able sweetness that also runs a pair of output tubes. Each has its own set of benefits and character and together they provide almost limitless possibilities when you consider the pairings with the available preamp Modes, their gain structures and dial-able sounds.
Compared to its 50-Watt sibling, the 100s lower Mids are fatter, fuller sounding and a bit more prominent in the mix, filling in all the cracks to create a balanced, wide, wall of expressive goodness, regardless of where the Mode Switch or GAIN controls are set. You feel the sound in your chest and in your bones and that helps you play with a sense of connectedness and assuredness. It supports you with a feeling of inspiring confidence that allows you to play your best anywhere, anytime.
CabClone IR with 8 Legendary Mesa Cabinets On Board
The Badlander 100 is the recordists dream realized. It features our first onboard CabClone™ IR and it delivers seamless DI with Channel Specific IR Assignment of the 8 virtual Cabinets and a Reactive Load that sounds and feels great. Together with the new sounds, the most versatile and recordable Recto ever is created, even when used in “silent mode” when you can’t use your favorite cabinet!
The CabClone IR delivers newfound flexibility, portability and previously only dreamed of convenience. You now have the ability to go direct silently or with your cab, for recording, stage or headphone practicing with instant access to 8 real MESA cabinets mic’d in a Pro Environment and library storage for more. It really doesn’t get any better in terms of having consistent tone from venue to venue, with or without a speaker cabinet, your choice.
The built-in, channel assignable CabClone IR Virtual Cabinet Simulator & Reactive Amp Load comes preloaded with the following 8 Authentic MESA Virtual Cabinet IRs including:
- 4x12 Rectifier Standard (closed back)
- 4x12 Rectifier Traditional (closed back)
- 2x12 Rectifier Horizontal (closed back)
- 1x12 Rectifier (closed back)
- 1x12 Thiele (closed back, front ported)
- 2x12 Lone Star (open back)
- 1x12 Lone Star 23 (open back)
- 1x12 California Tweed 23 (open back)
Designed as an open system, The CabCLone IR is compatible with select Third-Party IRs and a simple USB connection allows open access to download, store and use your favorite IRs of choice with capacity for extra library storage. USB 2.0 A to B connection cable (not included) is required for managing IR file directory.
The Evolution of Recto Tone
If you’re into big, menacing Tone, we invite you to check out what 51 years designing and building high performance Tube Amps can serve up. From a distinct new Recto Clean, to Crunch and powering on to the realm of Modern Era Heavy, experience the Badlander 100 and our latest evolution of Recto tone. It’s a Rectifier at its core, but not the Recto you’ve come to know.
Tonally, the Badlander 100 delivers stunning clean headroom, tight-tracking Gain sounds that have girth, depth and punch in a wide, 3-D footprint. All 3 of its Modes deliver serious big bore Tone with instant authority through this dynamic power section that leaves you with reserves enough to handle any crowd. Yet big power has never been just about volume, it’s about Tone, feel and vibe as well. The Badlander 100’s power section delivers truckloads of volume if and when you need it, but it’s the balance, touch sensitivity and dynamic control of this mighty engine that makes the Badlander 100 stand out.
Experience the new Badlander 100 in both head and rackmount formats at your authorized local MESA® dealer.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Variac Power Switch: Full/Variac Power Switch
- Preamp Tubes: 5x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 4x Mesa EL-34 (or 6L6)
- Bias Switch for Alternate Power Tubes Types: Bias Select for EL-34 or 6L6
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Power Amp Details (Class & Wattage): Class A/B Power with selectable, global 20/50/100 Power Switch - Provides three power options: 20-Watt mode utilizes 2 tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes. 50-Watt mode utilizes 2 power tube - 100-Watt mode utilizes 4 power tubes. Both 50 and 100-Watt power modes operate in Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity.
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Convection
- Number of Footswitchable Channels (or Modes): Two Channels
- Number of Style Modes: Three
- Number of Style Modes Per Channel: Three
- Types of Style Modes Per Channel
- Ch. 1 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Ch. 2 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent 3-Position Style Mode Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master and 8-Position CabClone IR Select (back-panel) Controls
- Effects Loop & Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series Tube FX Loop
- Speaker Outputs: One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- Cabinet Simulation - Direct Live/Recording Output: Built-in, channel assignable, MESA CabClone™ IR Cab Simulator featuring 8 MESA Cabinet IRs, USB Connection for IR transfers, Internal Amp Load for cabinet-free use, IR Balanced XLR Direct Output, Headphone Output, IR Output Level Control & Ground/Lift Switch
- Headphone Output: Yes
- Build Location: Hand-Wired In Petaluma, CA with the World's Finest Materials
- Wattage: 100 Watt
- Power Tube Type: 4x Mesa EL-34 (or 6L6)
- Channels & Modes: 2 Channels / 3 Mode Channel Cloning™
- Mode Voicings / Styles: Ch. 1 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™), Ch. 2 = Clean, Crunch or Crush (Channel Cloning™)
- Graphic EQ / Reverb / FX / Solo: FX Loop
- Footswitchable Functions: Ch. 1/2
- Speaker(s) & Impedance: n/a
- Weight: 36 Lbs.
- Dimensions: 7" H x 19" W x 10 1/4" D