Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier 100-Watt 3-Channel Tube Guitar Amp Head, Black Taurus
A Legendary Rock Icon, Amazingly Versatile
It’s been more than 25 years, two generations of guitarists and several musical trend-cycles since the Dual Rectifier® first unleashed its crushing wall of gain on radio. In that time many have mimicked, modeled, dissected and plagiarized it, but it remains firmly planted at the center of heavy music; a Rock icon.
Over a decade ago the Recto® underwent a massive facelift that greatly expanded its versatility and took what was a 2 Channel amp aimed squarely at high gain only – to a 3 Channel amp capable of roaming any style confidently.
While still leaving the widest, deepest footprint in heavy music, the Dual Rectifier has become the amp of choice for a long list of chart topping devotees outside the world of heavy.
THE BEST RECTIFIER EVER BUILT…PERIOD.
Better sounding and better feeling than any 2 or 3 Channel version that came before it, we had only one mission – To build the best Rectifier yet. Not an easy task but now with our patented Multi-Watt™ 50/100 (watt) Channel Selectable Power, an Improved Effects Loop, Channel Assignable Rectification with Rectifier Tracking™, a dedicated Tuner Out with Mute and an all-new Footswitch, the Dual Rectifier is more capable than ever before.
But what really has us most excited isn’t all the latest features you see on the front and rear panels. While these are great and really useful, it’s the TONE and range that has us most fired-up!
We’ve unearthed a lot of secrets since launching the original Dual Rectifier and we’ve put this knowledge to use in the latest rendering you see here. Improved CLEAN and PUSHED Modes in Channel 1. Improved Modes in Channels 2 and 3 include a more soulful, earthiness in RAW, thicker layers of harmonics and more liquid gain in VINTAGE and tighter gut-punching attack in MODERN.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Rectifier Type: Selectable and Channel Assignable Dual Rectification (Tube or Silicon Diodes) with Patented Recto Tracking™ (Patent 7,193,458). Recto Tracking™ auto-matches the correct Rectifier compliment for the number of Power Tubes in use.
- Rectifier Tubes: 2x Mesa 5U4
- Variac PowerSwitch: Bold/Spongy Power Switch
- Preamp Tubes: 5x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 4x Mesa 6L6 (or EL-34)
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Wattages Quick Reference: 50 or 100 Watts - Channel Assignable - See Power Amp Details for more information
- Power Amp Details Class Wattage: Class A/B Power with Mesa's patented Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) - Provides two power options that are channel assignable via three 50/100 Watt Power Switches: Choose 2 power tubes, producing 50 Watt of small block-power or all 4 power tubes producing 100 Watts of big-block horsepower and authority.
- Number Of Style Modes: Eight
- Number Of Style Modes Per Channel: Channel 1 = Two Channel 2 & 3 = Three
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent Style Mode Switch, 50/100 Multi-Watt™ Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking™ (Diode or Tube - Patent 7,193,458)
- Effects Loop Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop w/Send Level Control - Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable - See True-Bypass Options below for more information
- Global Output Level Control: Yes (Over all channels when activated) - See True-Bypass Options below for more information
- Global Solo Level Control: Yes (Over each channel when activated) - See True-Bypass Options below for more information
- True Bypass Options: True-Bypass Switch removes FX Loop, Output & Solo Level Controls
- External Switching Jack Options And/or Midi: External Switching Jacks for Channels 2, 3 (Ch. 1 is default), FX Loop & Solo
- Speaker Outputs: One 16 Ohm, Two 8 Ohm & Two 4 Ohm
- Slave Output: Yes with Level Control
- Footswitch: Included - 3x3 - 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Ch. 1, Ch. 2 & Ch. 3 - Top Row: Tuner Mute, FX Loop & Solo)
- Slip Cover: Included - Fitted Slip Cover
Weights and Dims
- Weight: 41 Lbs.
- Height: 10"
- Width: 25 1/2"
- Depth: 9 7/8"