Mesa/Boogie Triple Crown TC-50 50-Watt 1x12" Tube Guitar Combo Amp, Black Bronco
A New Generation of Rock Royalty
The new 3-channel, 50-watt, EL34 powered Triple Crown™ 50 from MESA Engineering® captures the essence of Rock with the ability to inspire new genres in a way only MESA® can. Emanating from the “other side of MESA” that spawned Rock’s iconic Dual Rectifier®, this new platform features a bold set of new circuits unlike anything else in our line.
From bubbly, sparkling clean sounds, rarely heard in this type of amp, to an amazingly tight and aggressive wall of Rock Crunch, to one of our most vocal, harmonically rich, and gain-laden high-gain channels ever, the Triple Crown is aimed at Rock’s high-gain throne! Experience a new generation of Rock Royalty –The Triple Crown 50!
YOUR CHOICE OF PUNCH. EL34, 6L6, OR 6V6 POWER
Need versatility? The Triple Crown 50 features our handy BIAS SWITCH allowing you to swap the stock complement of EL34s with the fatter, rounder-sounding 6L6. For those who want a warmer, rounder response and more easily attainable power clip, 6V6s can also be used in the EL34 setting with a direct swap over, creating a “Half-Power” scenario that exudes a more bubbly, vintage voice and creamier top end harmonic content.
LUSH REVERB, MIDI, DI WITH CAB SIMULATION, AND MORE
Our legendary lush all-tube Reverb drenches the Triple Crown 50’s three Channels with a beautiful 3-D halo and provides you with assignable choices on where to use it for the best results. Additional features include MIDI for true connectivity and a number of ways to access the amazing sounds and pro features in the Triple Crown 50. A STORE toggle switch allows simple one-touch writing of your footswitchable functions to any of 256 MIDI Program Numbers. There is also a MIDI Channel mini Rotary Selector for syncing of the MIDI Channel to be used by your controller of choice.
The CabClone™ D.I., is featured as a convenient live or recording interface for direct input to a live or recording console (mixing board) without the need for a mic and you’ll find the full complement of voicing options have been included; CLOSED BACK, OPEN BACK and VINTAGE, for increased versatility and different sound styles. A HEADPHONE out feature allows for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not possible or you simply prefer to play without a speaker.
TIGHT, FAST ATTACK AND GUT-PUNCHING MIDS
If you’re a fan of the work we do here at MESA, you’ve got to experience what we’ve captured in the new Triple Crown 50. Dressed in traditional design with a hint of modern style, get ready to experience the new generation of Rock Royalty – The Triple Crown 50! A new level of versatility delivered with an immediacy of attack and gut-punch midrange all its own in our line.
- Amp Type: Tube
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Preamp Tubes: 6x Mesa 12AX7, 1x Mesa 12AT7
- Power Amp Tubes: 2x Mesa EL-34 (or 6V6 or 6L6)
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias: Yes
- Wattages Quick Reference: 50 Watts
- Power Amp Details Class Wattage: Class A/B Power for exceptional power, tight punch and clarity - Produces 50 Watts of power
- Number Of Style Modes: Six
- Number Of Style Modes Per Channel: Two
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent 2-Position Style Mode Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb (back panel), and Master Controls
- Reverb Effects Bypass Options: Footswitchable, All-Tube, Long-Tank Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls (rear panel)
- Effects Loop Bypass Options: Footswitchable, Fully Buffered Series Tube FX Loop
- Global Output Level Control: Yes (Over all channels)
- Global Solo Level Control: Yes (Over all channels)
- External Switching Jack Options And/or Midi: MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages, with 256 Preset Location (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel & Store Switches) – Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, Reverb, FX Loop & Solo
- Speaker Outputs: 8 Ohm / 4 Ohm Switch with Two Speaker Jacks
- Cabinet Simulation Direct Live recording Output: Built-in MESA CabClone™ Cab Simulator Output featuring Closed Back, Open Back & Vintage Cabinet Simulations, Internal Amp Load, Headphone Output & Uncompensated Line (Slave) Output, Speaker On/Off & Ground/Lift Switches
- Internal Amp Load For SpeakerLess Performance: Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Headphone Output: Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Slave Output: Yes (Uncompensated Line Output works as Slave Out)
- Footswitch: Included - 3x3 - 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Ch. 1, Ch. 2 & Ch. 3 - Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop & Solo)
- Slip Cover: Included - Fitted Slip Cover
Weights and Dims
- Weight: 56 Lbs.
- Height: 19 1/4"
- Width: 22 3/4"
- Depth: 10 3/8"