The Theremini® is a re-imagination of one of the oldest electronic musical instruments in history, and Bob Moog’s first love – the Theremin. Its design fuses the experience of performing with an instrument you don’t actually touch, with a powerful sound engine derived from Moog’s award winning synthesizer, Animoog. The Theremini guarantees immediate success to any player at any skill level, while providing new ways to experiment with music, education, and gestural control.
Assistive pitch quantization allows each player to adjust the instrument's level of playing difficulty. At the maximum position, the Theremini will play every note in a selected scale perfectly, making it impossible to play a wrong note. As this control is decreased, more expressive control of pitch and vibrato becomes possible. When set to minimum, the Theremini will perform as a traditional Theremin - the analog heterodyning oscillator controls pitch and there is absolutely no assistance.
A built-in tuner supplies real-time visual feedback of each note as it is played, as well as its proximity to perfection. This is useful for correcting a user's playing position, and educating younger players about pitch and scales.
The presets section allows you to select from 32 wave or wavetable-based patches, store a selected scale & root note, set and recall a specified playing range, and specify per-patch settings for the included stereo delay.
Recessed in the top of the Theremini is a compact speaker perfect for private rehearsal and quick setup anywhere. Silent rehearsal is also possible via the front panel headphone jack. Simply plug in ear-buds or headphones and the built-in speaker becomes silent.
For live performance and gestural control, the rear panel features two line level audio outputs, a pitch CV output with selectable range, and a mini USB jack for MIDI I/O and connectivity.
- Pitch correction w/ selectable scales and root note
- Built in tuner allows you to learn pitch and scales
- 32 Wavetable based presets
- Built in speaker
- Headphone output
- Two 1/4" audio outputs
- Single Pitch CV output w/ selectable range
- User selectable scale and root note (stored per preset)
- User selectable range: highest note and lowest note (stored per preset)
- Adjustable Stereo Ping-Pong Delay
- Removable pitch antenna - built in storage compartment on bottom-side
- Built in 3/8” Mic stand and Camera stand adaptor
- High quality rubberized feet
- LCD SCREEN: 128 X 64 pixel LCD with white backlight.
- HEADPHONE JACK: 1/8” (3.5mm) TRS headphone jack. Inserting a headphone plug will disable the internal speaker
- VOLUME KNOB: Controls headphone volume and built in speaker volume.
- PITCH BIAS KNOB: Determines the amount of pitch correction from 0% to 100%
- SCALE BUTTON: Select from a list of built in scales
- ROOT BUTTON: Select the root note to be used by the scale
- SETUP BUTTON: Provides access the setup and calibration functions - also acts as a shift key.
- DELAY LENGTH BUTTON: Selects the length of delay: SHORT, MEDIUM, LONG, or OFF
- DELAY AMOUNT KNOB: Controls the amount of delay mixed with the dry signal.
- PRESET KNOB: Selects the preset played from a built in list of 32 presets
- LEFT OUTPUT: Line Level ¼” unbalanced TS
- RIGHT OUTPUT:Line Level ¼” unbalanced TS
- CV OUTPUT: ¼” TS – 0-5V or 0-10V selectable
- USB: MiniB USB2.0 for USB MIDI - Note data in not yet supported
- KENSINGTON LOCK SLOT
- POWER SWITCH: Push ON / Push OFF
- POWER JACK: 12VDC/1.2A from 100–240VAC external supply(included)
- DIMENSIONS:22.75”L x 6.5”D x 15”H w/antenna (4”H without)
- WEIGHT: 3lbs