Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay.
The Pinnacle of Moog's Semi-Modular Family of Analog Synthesizers.
Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay. Create rich evolving chord patterns immediately with “no patching required”, then tap into an abundance of inspiring textures, new sounds, and an endless supply of happy accidents through Matriarch’s 90 modular patch points. Based on the vintage circuitry of classic Moog synthesizer modules, Matriarch is a catalyst for creative ideas and a medium for multidimensional expression.
Matriarch is an analog synthesizer with an emphasis on imagination. The pinnacle of Moog’s semi-modular family of synthesizers, Matriarch’s patchable architecture and vintage Moog circuits reward open exploration with endless sonic possibilities and unparalleled analog sound.
Easily create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony that can be sequenced, saved, and shifted with Matriarch’s intuitive 256 step sequencer, or stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
With a deep assortment of synthesis modules based on Bob Moog’s original circuit designs, Matriarch’s 100% analog signal path spans a dynamic sonic vocabulary – from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails. Coupling the power of vintage stereo ladder filters, dual Envelope Generators, stereo Analog Delays, and stereo VCAs, Matriarch delivers a multidimensional sound that empowers the sonic exploration of space and time.
Though Matriarch’s semi-modular design requires absolutely no patching, 90 modular patch points are easily accessible throughout the panel via the included 3.5mm patch cables. This powerful electronic instrument is a highly-versatile addition to any stage or studio that can effortlessly transform from a performance keyboard to a fully modular analog synthesizer at a moment’s notice.
In addition to its standalone function, Matriarch is also an ideal processor of external sound sources and a powerful keyboard front-end for expanding a DFAM, Mother-32, Grandmother, or Eurorack modular system.
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from Matriarch to independently sequence external gear.
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random).
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer - no patching required.
- Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
- 100% Analog
NUMBER OF KEYS
- 49 Full-Size Keys
TYPE OF KEYS
- Velocity-sensing with Aftertouch (Velocity and Aftertouch are not hard-wired – available via MIDI, KBD VEL OUT and KB AT OUT jacks)
- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide, Expression pedal in to CV out, and Sustain Pedal in
- Monophonic, 2-Note Paraphonic, and 4-Note Paraphonic