Moog One® is the ultimate Moog synthesizer - a tri-timbral, polyphonic, analog dream-synth designed to inspire imagination, stimulate creativity, and unlock portals to vast new realms of sonic potential.
Moog One is the ultimate Moog synthesizer.
Available in 16 and 8 voice configurations
3 newly-designed analog VCOs, 2 distinctive analog filters, and a dual source analog noise generator.
Extensive modulation and effects processing, with a suite of professional reverbs from Eventide®.
Moog One is the ultimate Moog synthesizer - a tri-timbral, polyphonic, analog dream-synth designed to inspire imagination, stimulate creativity, and unlock portals to vast new realms of sonic potential. The first polyphonic analog synthesizer sold under the Moog brand in more than three decades, Moog One is the culmination of years of research and has been developed to exceed principal expectations of a polyphonic Moog instrument.
Available in 8-voice and 16-voice configurations, Moog One’s polyphonic sound engine is built on the most powerful synthesizer architecture ever employed by a Moog instrument. Per voice, Moog One offers 3 newly-designed analog VCOs, 2 independent analog filters, a dual source analog noise generator, analog mixer with external audio input, 4 LFOs, and 3 envelopes. To deliver an infinitely inspiring performance experience, each of the three timbres can be easily split or layered across Moog One’s expressive 61-note keyboard, each with its own sequencer, arpeggiator, and onboard effects library--including a suite of professional reverbs from Eventide®.
Secured in a hand-finished Ash cabinet and aluminum enclosure, Moog One’s front panel is equipped with 73 knobs and 144 buttons, inviting physical connection with every sound shaping and performance control. Extended functionality is easily accessed via a per-module “More” button that brings additional parameters into focus using the Moog One center-panel LCD to ensure the most transparent and expedient sound creation experience possible.
Moog One is an unprecedented conduit for the expression of your own creative voice. Sculpt, shape, and transform your own sound with nearly infinite possibilities.
Moog One - A Meditation On Listening
A film introducing the new Moog One Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer, the first analog polysynth released from Moog in over 35 years. Shot on both 8mm film and contemporary digital video, the film is a modern re-imagining of the original 1976 demo video for the Polymoog, Moog’s first polyphonic synthesizer.
Exploring the electronic sound of the Moog One, and the transformational power of Listening, the film features some of the world’s most accomplished and creative artists: Jeff Bhasker, Suzanne Ciani, Chick Corea, Mike Dean, Robert Glasper, Dick Hyman, Dev Hynes, Mark Mothersbaugh, Mark Ronson, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Dr. Lonnie Smith, and Paris Strother.
TRIANGLE CORE OSCILLATORS
Each Moog One voice employs three newly developed triangle core analog VCOs. The output of each oscillator is a user-defined mix of the selectable triangle / sawtooth wave, plus a variable-width pulse wave. Expanding beyond traditional oscillator designs, the rise/fall time of the triangle wave and the reset phase of the sawtooth wave can be shaped and modulated to create to a rich palette of classic analog tones. Blending the tri/saw and pulse waves together opens new dimensions of harmonic freedom, creating complex waveforms not typically found in analog synthesizers. The Moog One oscillator section is also equipped with hard sync, analog ring modulation, and FM for boundless analog sound generation.
DUAL SOURCE NOISE GENERATOR
Each Moog One voice includes an advanced dual-source analog noise generator that allows different colors of noise to be selected and mixed, while and dynamically articulated utilizing the dedicated noise envelope generator. This unique module is a powerful tool for adding percussive attacks, breath, or full-body impact to a sound.
Moog One offers a flexible analog mixer, providing volume controls and filter routing selections for each oscillator, noise generator, ring modulator, and external audio input -- sound sources can be shaped by different filters independently, or at the same time.
LADDER AND STATE VARIABLE FILTERS
There are two types of analog filters in Moog One. The first is a newly-designed multimode State Variable Filter that brings razor-like precision and articulation to the instrument. The second is a classic Moog Ladder filter with selectable low pass / high pass behavior. These two filters can process sounds individually or together, in series or parallel operation, to access a vibrant spectrum of classic, obscure, and completely new filter sounds.
LOW FREQUENCY OSCILLATORS
Cyclical motion within Moog One is generated by 4 wide-range LFOs that can be assigned to nearly any destination. Capabilities include MIDI synchronization and clock division, start delay time, number of repeats per instance, fade in and out time, and much more.
Dynamic sound shaping within Moog One comes via its 3 assignable DAHDSR Envelopes (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release). In addition to looping, synchronization, and time scaling capabilities, the character of each envelope can be user-sculpted through utilization of per-stage envelope curves.
Easily create modulation assignments from any of Moog One’s 4 LFOs and 3 EGs by pressing their corresponding Destination Button -- the next knob touched sets the modulation path and amount. For more complex modulation options, Moog One also employs an internal Modulation Matrix with visual access to every possible combination of the instrument’s extensive synthesis and controller components.
SYNTH EFFECTS, MASTER BUS EFFECTS, AND EVENTIDE® REVERBS
Moog One features a growing library of programmable per-synth effects and master bus effects that include chorus, delay, phase, bit reduction, vocoding, and a suite of premium reverbs from Eventide® including Blackhole, Shimmer, Plate, Room, and Hall. Effects can be applied in two ways: as Synth Effects and Master Bus Effects. Synth Effects are applied to individual layers of timbrality, while Master Bus Effects can be applied via sends to all three synthesizers. Though its onboard effects are digital, Moog One retains a completely analog signal path with no in-line conversion when insert effects are off.
TRI-TIMBRALITY AND UNISON MODE
Comprised of three independently addressable analog polysynths, the tri-timbral Moog One design allows voices to be easily assigned, split, layered, or stacked with up to 48 oscillators in Unison Mode. Additionally, each synthesizer is equipped with its own fully-featured step sequencer, arpeggiator, and effects processor. Multitimbral synthesis is simplified through the Moog One ‘Panel Focus’ module. Selecting a Synth for Panel Focus causes the Moog One front panel knobs and buttons to switch control to that layer of timbrality. Users can also select multiple layers at once for simultaneous adjustment of multiple synthesizers.
KEYBOARD AND X/Y PAD
Moog One’s premium 61-note Fatar TP-8S keyboard with velocity and aftertouch ensures a balanced and dynamic playing experience for any user. In addition, milled aluminum pitch and mod wheels and a pressure-sensitive X/Y pad provide a fully assignable means of emotive expression and continuously variable control.
Nearly every module is equipped with a triangular “More” button in the upper right corner. When “More” is pressed, the Moog One LCD screen reveals additional parameters specific to that module, accessing deep-level features and advanced controls.
PRESETS AND PERFORMANCE SETS
A Moog One preset is a self contained creative environment, saving the parameter settings for all 3 layers of timbrality, along with all of their respective sequencer, arpeggiator, and modulation settings. Moog One has the ability to store and recall tens of thousands of presets that can easily be categorized, edited, notated, and even shared via USB drive. Up to 64 Presets can also be loaded to Moog One’s ‘Performance Set’ module, where they are instantly selectable via a front panel “Bank / Preset” button configuration—a must for live performance and sessions.
Preserving more than just presets, the User Space saves all of the global behaviors, MIDI settings, port and pedal configurations, knob behaviors and even the LED brightness of your working environment, which is critical for studios and working musicians. Multiple User Spaces can be created, saved, and recalled – either from internal memory, or from an external USB drive, allowing you to instantly transfer your creative work spaces from one instrument to another.
When exploring a sound, pressing the Snapshot Button allows Moog One to easily capture and recall a time-stamped picture of a preset at its current settings, removing the need to continually save data manually while experimenting with new ideas.
ANALOG AND DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY
Moog One’s rear panel is populated with 2 assignable pairs of stereo audio outputs, 4 assignable inserts, and 2 external audio inputs with support for XLR and ¼” input. MIDI communication comes through 5-pin DIN and USB connection, which also offers system backup and restore via USB drive. 9 configurable CV inputs and outputs (with expression and sustain pedal inputs) are also included.
Moog One is available in 8 or 16-voice configurations only. Upgrades from 8 to 16 voice units are not available at the present time
Note: It has minor scuffs on the sides.
- SYNTHESIZER TYPE: Polyphonic, Tri-timbral Analog Synthesizer
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog (Digital Effects can be bypassed to maintain analog signal path)
- POLYPHONY: 8 or 16 voices
- KEYBED: 61 Full-size keys with Velocity and Aftertouch (Fatar TP-8S)
- CONTROLLERS: Pitch Wheel, Modulation Wheel, X/Y Pad (with pressure-sensing and hold), Sustain Pedal input, EXP 1 pedal input, EXP 2 pedal input – all pedal functions are assignable
- PANEL CONTROLS: 73 knobs and 144 buttons; LCD screen
- OSCILLATORS (X3): Selectable Sawtooth wave with variable reset time or Triangle wave with variable rise and fall times, variable-width Pulse wave, Octave (32’, 16’, 8’, 4’, 2’), Frequency (+/- 7 semitones), Beat Frequency (+/- 7Hz), Wave Angle (Triangle and Saw), Pulse Width, Mix (blends the selected Triangle or Saw wave with the Pulse wave), FM routing and amount, and Hard Sync
- RING MODULATOR: Selectable routing (1-2 or 2-3)
- DUAL SOURCE NOISE GENERATOR: Selectable sources (Red+White, Red+Purple, and White+Purple) with Color Mix and dedicated ARS envelope
- MIXER: Independent levels and filter routing for OSC 1, OSC 2, OSC 3, RING MOD, NOISE, and EXT in.
- FILTERS: State-Variable Filter; Ladder Filter (Mixable, Parallel or Series operation)
- STATE VARIABLE: Two 12dB per octave filters operating as one filter, configurable in NOTCH, BP, LP, and HP – with 12dB or 24dB slopes; Cutoff, Resonance, etc.
- LADDER FILTER: Moog Ladder Filter with HP or LP options, and selectable filter slopes (6db, 12db, 18dB, or 24dB); Cutoff, Resonance, etc.
- ENVELOPES (X3): Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, and Release; variable curves per stage, plus multi-triggering, looping, latching, and sync
- LFOS (X4): Dual-waveform categories with variable shapes (Triangle to Sine, variable-width Pulse, Saw to Ramp, S&H to Noise), assignable and variable transitions; fade-in/fade-out times, repeat count, phase start, etc.
- GLIDE: Selectable glide type (LCR, LCT, EXP), gated glide, legato glide, glissando
- ARPEGGIATOR: Per SYNTH with octave range, pattern, direction, pendulum features, gate time, sync, etc.
- SEQUENCER: 64-Step per-SYNTH sequencer with step-editing and modulation capabilities
- SYNTH EFFECTS: Dedicated in-line effect for SYNTH 1, SYNTH 2, and SYNTH 3 (When disengaged, the signal path is 100% analog)
- MASTER EFFECTS: Dual mono sends with stereo return, or single stereo send with stereo return. (Accessible by all three SYNTHS - Eventide® Reverbs are available on the Master Bus only)
- BROWSER: Stores tens of thousands of PRESETS and TIMBRES with definable Categories, Tags and Labels to aid search results. TIMBRES can be loaded to and played by any SYNTH
- PERFORMANCE SETS: Create, save, and manage up to 128 Performance Sets offering single-button access to up to 64 PRESETS
- SETTINGS: Access to pages for managing Libraries, Tuning features, plus Utilities such as updates, configuring ins and outs, etc.
- MOD MATRIX: Provides the ability to map modulation sources to destinations at will, using either controllers or addressable transforms to articulate the modulation signal
- VOICE ALLOCATION: Mono or Poly voice count per SYNTH, unison/mono detune (48 oscillator max.), Chord Memory, plus voice stealing/sharing options
- SNAPSHOT, COMPARE: Built-in tools for saving and comparing during programming
- VCA SECTION: VCA level per SYNTH, Pan per SYNTH
- OUTPUT SECTION: Master Volume and Headphones volume controls
- AUDIO OUTPUTS: Main L, Main R (1/4" TRS; TS compatible)
- SUB OUTPUTS: Sub 1, Sub 2 (1/4" TRS; TS compatible)
- AUDIO INSERTS: Insert 1, Insert 2, Insert 3, Insert 4 (1/4" TRS Send / Returns- Can be used as mono outs)
- EXTERNAL MIC/LINE INPUT: XLR + 1/4" TRS combo jack with trim knob
- EXTERNAL LINE INPUT: 1/4" TRS (TS compatible)
- HEADPHONES: 2x Stereo 1/4" jacks (located on the front edge of the Left Hand Controller)
- CONTROL VOLTAGE INPUTS: CV IN 1, CV IN 2 (1/4" TS)
- CONTROL VOLTAGE OUTPUTS: CV OUT 1, CV OUT 2, CV OUT 3, CV OUT 4 (1/4" TS)
- PEDAL INPUTS: Sustain, EXP 1, EXP 2, (1/4" TRS; configurable through the Modulation Matrix, or as CV Inputs.)
- WEIGHT: 45 lbs. / 20.4 kg (approximate)
- DIMENSIONS (W X D X H): 42 x 20 x 7 (inches); 107 x 51 x 18 (cm)