Native Instruments Maschine MK3 Groove Production Studio
The new MASCHINE takes our classic groovebox workflow and makes it faster and more intuitive. Optimized based on customer research, it’s packed with new features to boost your speed and increase your focus – all without breaking the workflow you love.
Big, bold, and in your face, the larger pads create more room for complex moves like flams and rolls. New technological updates make the pads more sensitive to lighter touches, for more expressive playing. And since the center-to-center distance is exactly the same, your muscle memory and workflow don’t have to change.
FULL COLOR, HI RES SCREENS
With two full-color displays and the four-directional push encoder, you can browse sounds, FXs, plug-ins, and instruments with a tactile, one-handed, completely visual workflow – simply find the thumbnail and load directly from the hardware. Plus, the high-res screens let you get more precise with your mixing, see an overview of your arrangement, or zoom in on waveforms to slice samples like a surgeon.
STUDIO-GRADE AUDIO INTERFACE
MASCHINE now comes with a studio-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface for pristine sound. Simply patch in a synth or add a dynamic mic for quick recording and sampling. Stereo line and MIDI ports make it a perfect centerpiece for any studio. Plus, it’s USB-powered, so you can record anywhere with your laptop – or plug in the included power supply unit for brighter pads.
The new hardware layout cuts through the clutter to help you stay focused and get your ideas out fast. Instead of being hidden behind a shift-function button, some of the most-used features and functions can now be accessed directly with one touch.
8 TOUCH SENSITIVE KNOBS
Go beyond tweaking with eight touch sensitive knobs. Touch once to activate special contextual menus, such as tag clouds, sound settings, and FX parameters. You can also map your most frequently used FX, instruments, or plug-in parameters to macros with the touch of a button.
SMART STRIP FOR NEW WAYS TO PLAY
The Smart Strip opens up MASCHINE to whole new ways of playing. Use it like a keyboard wheel to pitch-bend and modulate sounds. Add new sonic textures, builds, or transitions with advanced performance FX like stutter and scratch. Or strum samples, synths, and drums like a guitar.
- Pad Input Mode Buttons: Play drum rhythms, program patterns, or play melodies and chords, switching easily with the click of a button
- Lock Button: Take parameter snapshots, tweak settings, and return to the original settings to discover new transitions
- Macro Button: Simply touch a knob to assign your favorite parameters to macros and start tweaking
- Note Repeat Button: Play fills and arps during a performance with a larger, easier-to-find button
- Updated Transport Section: Transport buttons now include deeper integration with most DAWs and direct access to Follow and Tempo Tap
- Fixed Velocity Button: Program accents and ghost notes quickly with 16 fixed velocity levels, or get a smooth, constant volume when triggering samples
- Updated File Management: Open a recent project, make changes, and save it as a new file without ever touching the mouse via new Save and Open buttons
- Expanded Control Section: Quickly jump between views with one-touch access to the Arranger, Mixer, Sound Browser, or Sampler
This update includes improved editing capabilities to audio loops. Now you have access to the “Edit” tab directly from the Audio Plug-in, where you can easily cut, reverse, copy, paste, and set in and out points for your loops.
For MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 users, this update also provides some basic MIDI control when using the hardware with your DAW.
The MASCHINE 2.7.9 update is free to all MASCHINE 2 customers – available via Native Access.
MASCHINE 2.7 WITH AUDIO PLUG-IN
The highly anticipated Audio plug-in introduces a new era of audio in MASCHINE. Now you can get creative with loops in real-time with MASCHINE’s acclaimed fast workflow. Head to Native Access now to download the free update.
REAL-TIME TIME STRETCHING
Real-time time stretching lets you focus on getting creative fast. Drop in a new loop, and it automatically matches your project’s tempo. Adjust the tempo and it changes in real-time. And now you can audition loops on the fly – listen, load, and swap without ever stopping the music.
PITCH AND CHOP
Gate mode opens up endless creative possibilities for playing loops. “Chop” loops easily by drumming where you want to hear the loop. Hit the pad and the loop plays through. You can also play loops melodically by simply going up and down the scale in Keyboard mode – the pitch shifts where MIDI notes are placed. Drop in a bass loop, play a melody, and instantly make the loop your own.
DRUM SYNTH PLUG-INS
Create your own perfectly-tuned electronic and acoustic drum sounds in truly peerless quality. Six monophonic drum plug-ins built exclusively for MASCHINE 2 give you any percussive sound you need. All fully tweakable, automatable from the hardware, and built with NI’s acclaimed DSP expertise.
Nine engines deliver powerful low end. Four are based on classic analog machines – fat, punchy, deep, dusty, and everything in between. The other five deliver some of the most realistic acoustic-sounding kicks you’ve ever heard. And a broad sweet spot means you get pro sound no matter what you dial in.
Thick, harsh, bold, deep, filtered – create any electronic snare imaginable. Or create breathtaking acoustic snare sounds and tweak with the total control that a real snare can’t give you. Nine engines to choose from, plus a dedicated clap engine for both electronic and acoustic claps.
No samples here. Three different engines produce the full range of hi-hat sounds, from classic analog hi-hats, digital, robotic sounds, or thick, crunchy sounds from a new, grain-based oscillator. And a few quick tweaks take you beyond simple hi-hat sounds, and deep into creative territory.
Three engines let you craft a full set of toms fast. Digital sounds from percussive to bell-like to completely alien. And acoustic sounds so warm and fat you won’t believe they’re not samples. Added control over pitch bend and advanced parameters give you total flexibility. All on the hardware, and super intuitive.
Three engines, no limits. The fractal engine delivers electronic percussion, from bell-like and metallic to sub-heavy and twisted. The shaker engine gives you acoustic shakers and maracas, and the kettle engine offers rich, resonant timpani. All sounds are mapped across the keyboard for pitched percussion and melodic accents.
The Crash engine delivers everything from a 909-like crash to more acoustic-sounding cymbals. The Ride engine can be adjusted to sound as if the cymbal is being struck on its edge or bell.
BASS SYNTH PLUG-IN
Create rich bass tones with this monophonic bass synth, exclusive to MASCHINE. Design and shape with intuitive, fun, and fully-automatable controls, including filter, mod envelope, decay, drive, and glide time, directly from the hardware. Morph seamlessly between waveforms – from sine to saw to square – to create your own unique sounds, with no synth programming knowledge required. Or load any of the pro-designed presets to get studio-ready bass for any genre, from booming subs to dripping acid.
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, sound library, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, drums synths, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 45 GB KOMPLETE 12 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96 kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch
- 8 touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included 15V 1.2A power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE, NKS-ready instruments, MASCHINE Expansions, and the new KOMPLETE KONTROL S49/S61 Keyboards
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP 1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Cubase, GarageBand, FL Studio, Avid Pro Tools, PreSonus Studio One, and more) as a VST, Audio Units, or AAX 32 and AAX 64 plug-in with full multi-core support
- Full Scale Level: +18,6 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB
- THD: +N 0.003 %
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- Crosstalk: L/R -96 dB
Mic Input (max gain)
- Full Scale Level: -32 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 90 dB
- THD+: N 0.01 %
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.4 dB
Mic Input (min gain)
- Full Scale Level: -3.4 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 102 dB
- THD+N: 0.004 %
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.15 dB
- Maximum Output Level: +18.0 dB
- Dynamic Range: 102 dB
- THD:+N: 0.003 %
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Crosstalk: L/R -100 dB
- Maximum Output Level: 29.4 mW @ 33 Ohm load
- Dynamic Range: 102 dB
- THD+N: 0.007 %
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.35 dB
- Crosstalk: L/R -60 dB