EXPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE CONTROLLERS
The Nektar Impact GXP USB MIDI controller keyboards are designed for players: Experience 49 semi-weighted keys and instant access to performance controls including a real-time repeat engine, powerful Nektarine plugin patch management and Nektar DAW Integration. GXP gives you the keys to a great performance!
KEYS: JUST THE RIGHT TOUCH
At the core of Impact GXP is a newly designed and carefully balanced keyboard action. Its 49 semi-weighted full-size keys with velocity and aftertouch deliver a nice, firm touch and great playability.
Choose from 5 different velocity curves to tailor Impact GXP’s keyboard sensitivity to your personal needs. They cover a wide dynamic range from soft to hard touch. The default curve “normal” is optimized to deliver good control across the whole velocity range right out of the box. In addition, 3 fixed levels let you send fixed velocity values across the whole keyboard if needed.
DIRECT ACCESS: THE CONTROLS YOU NEED
Impact GXP’s streamlined no-fuss control panel is based on Nektar’s successful Impact GX-series. It enables advanced DAW integration with extended transport control, track selection and volume control. You can even open/close DAW windows and navigate projects and the 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons allow direct MIDI program- and bank-selection.
Impact GXP is a MIDI controller as well as a DAW controller:
If you use MIDI software that’s not supported by Nektar DAW Integration, you can also set up MIDI control yourself. The assignable buttons in the transport section can be configured to send out Program message or MMC (MIDI Machine Control) transport control. In addition, any of the 28 assignable MIDI buttons, the modulation wheel, keyboard aftertouch, foot switches and of course the big control knob, can be assigned to send out MIDI cc messages. The settings are stored over power cycling.
GREAT CONNECTIVITY: MIDI, PEDALS, POWER
Impact GXP gives keyboard players all the right expression options needed for live and studio work. It offers large pitch bend & modulation wheels and connections for up to 3 optional external pedals: Connect any standard expression pedal to the first, and any standard footswitch to the second socket. And if you use an optional Y-cable adapter, the footswitch socket even supports two independent switches.
Impact GXP can also be used stand-alone with external MIDI gear: The rear panel includes a 5-pin MIDI out jack and an external power supply socket for powering the unit when not connected via USB.
REPEAT: GET INSPIRED
The Repeat Engine is great for creating inspiring rhythmic elements: Simply press the dedicated Repeat button, play and get inspired.
Dedicated RGB buttons now give you direct one-button access to Repeat Rates, Accent, Interval, Swing and routing aftertouch or modulation to velocity. The large Data/Tempo Encoder turns into a dedicated tempo control, unless synchronization is set to external MIDI clock.
Choose one of the 5 different key trigger modes to change Repeat’s behaviour from interesting arpeggio-style effects with human feel to hard-quantized repetitive rhythms. Repeat is a fun way to experiment and create those famous “happy accidents”, that make you come up with unexpected new ideas.
NEKTAR DAW INTEGRATION: GIVE YOUR MOUSE A BREAK!
Install Nektar DAW Integration and the 8 buttons right above the wheels let you take control of essential tasks in your DAW right from Impact GXP. Features cover extended transport control including goto and set locators, track navigation, volume control, launching windows and patch navigation – without ever reaching for the mouse.
NEKTARINE: YOUR VIRTUAL KEYBOARD WORKSTATION
Of course you can use Impact GXP like any other standard MIDI controller with all the features you’ve come to expect. But if you install the included Nektarine plugin host and librarian software, you can do a lot more:
Nektarine lets you switch complex setups like on a live keyboard workstation including zones, layers and more; build multipatches from multiple instrument and effects plugins and have them available at the press of a button. Nektarine adds powerful control features for your VST, VST3 and AU instrument plugins to Impact GXP!
Launch Nektarine in your DAW and it immediately communicates with your Impact GXP: Now you are ready to create Multis with up to 10 instrument plugins, each with up to 4 insert FX plugins each and additionally 4 global send FX. All of this is stored in one Multi Patch and can be assigned to one of GXP’s ten RGB-illuminated front panel buttons for instant recall.
Just want to play? Simply run the also included Nektarine stand-alone app and play your plugins without running any DAW. The Nektarine app turns Impact GXP into a stage-ready live keyboard serving up all your virtual VST, VST3 and AU sound sources!
LAYER AND SWITCH
Impact GXP has dedicated buttons for direct control of patches and plugin slots. This brings true hardware synth-feel to sound selection: Load 10 instrument plugins into Nektarine and make them instantly selectable from the hardware. This includes soloing, layering and realtime switching. And like on a stage piano, you can press multiple slot buttons at the same time for instant layering in any combination.
Each plugin slot has its own unique browser settings as well as volume, pan, mute and FX send parameters assigned. The volume can be mixed for each selected slot using the Data Encoder.
Once you import or save your patches into Nektarine, you can take things further: Each plugin has its first 10 patches available on Impact GXP’s buttons right away. All other patches are available using the Data Encoder.
“Direct” mode allows to store 10 complete setups for instant recall: This could be one plugin including a selected patch or even a complete multipatch including multiple plugins – a great feature for flexible live setups!
Impact GXP Patch Switches BROWSE YOUR SOUNDS
Nektarine’s browser enables browsing of patches directly from Impact GXP. And factory patches for many popular instrument plugins are available for download from the Nektarine support page to get you started. Your own user patches can also be imported or saved, so over time there will be quite a few patches to choose from in the Nektarine browser. Thankfully, Nektarine has all the tools to help you manage thousands of patches – including patch tagging, search and rating options which make it easy to find exactly the patch you are looking for.
Group tags store a combination of tag settings and make it possible to narrow your options at the push of just one button: Press “Group” on Impact and 10 Group tags are selectable directly from GXP’s number buttons. We’ve printed common group label names such as Piano, E.Piano or Organ right below so it is easy to remember, but of course you can use them for any group you want and create and assign your own tags. As group tags are global, you only have to define them once and then have them available in all of your Nektarine sessions.
The best part is that the Nektarine browser allows complete migration between DAWs: Use Nektarine in one DAW and your plugins can be browsed the same way in any other compatible DAW or the stand-alone Nektarine app.
DAW INCLUDED: STEINBERG CUBASE LE
Impact GXP includes licenses for Steinberg’s acclaimed Cubase LE Music Production Software and Retrologue 2 VST synthesizer. So you can start producing music like a pro from day one. To claim your free DAW and virtual synth, register your Impact GXP in your Nektar user account and follow the instructions.
Cubase LE comes with Halion Sonic SE including 180 instrument presets and Groove Agent SE drum production software as well as a host of VST FX processors. Cubase LE lets you record on up to 24 MIDI, 8 instrument and 16 audio tracks. You can use any 3rd party VST plug-ins you might own, too. Over 5GB of sounds and loops provide you with all you need to get started.
Nektar DAW Integration makes Nektar Impact GXP and Cubase LE a fantastic combination, and lets you experience remote control direct from the hardware. The Nektarine plugin host and librarian software is of course also compatible and adds additional power to this setup.
If you are just starting out, you will find it’s the perfect way to take your first steps in the world of digital music creation. And if you’re already familiar with using computer software, then you’ll be amazed at what this combination has to offer! To claim your free DAW and virtual synth, simply register your Impact GXP in your Nektar user account and follow the instructions.
- Audio/MIDI recording, editing, scoring and mixing tools
- 24 MIDI, 8 instrument & 16 audio tracks with up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Includes Halion Sonic SE with GM compatible set of 180 instrument presets
- Includes Groove Agent SE drum production tool for amazing beats
- 23 audio VST FX processors including modulation, delay, dynamics and EQ
- Over 5GB of sounds and loops
VIRTUAL SYNTHESIZER INCLUDED: STEINBERG RETROLOGUE 2
Retrologue is Steinberg’s flexible and intuitive virtual synthesizer plugin for emulating the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers. Three virtual analog oscillators, excellent filters, an adaptable arpeggiator and integrated FX-rack turn Retrologue into a very powerful synthesizer for any style of music.
- Over 700 presets included
- 3 Oscillators with up to 8 de-tunable voices
- 24 first-class filter types and on board FX-rack
- IMPACT GXP 49
- 49-note full-sized keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- 14 RGB LED buttons for MIDI, note repeat and Nektarine features
- Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
- 1 push encoder for note repeat tempo control and Nektarine features
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Transpose up/down buttons with LED indicators. Assignable to other functions.
- Power on/off switch
- 9v DC power supply socket
- (9V, 600 mA, center positive, 2.1 mm barrel connector, PSU optional)
- USB port and USB bus powered
- 7 transport buttons for DAW integration or MIDI assignable
- Shift button activates secondary level for a total of 14 accessible buttons
- 1 MIDI assignable potentiometer
- Note Repeat button with LED tempo indicator
- Note Repeat Function button
- 1/4“ TRS jack expression pedal socket (pedal not included)
- 1/4” TRS jack Foot Switch socket for connection of up to 2 standard foot switches (not included, dual mode requires optional Y-cable adapter)
- MIDI Output jack
- Nektar DAW integration support*
- Nektarine plugin control and patch librarian software support*
- Nektar DAW Integration for Impact GXP88 currently supports: Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, Studio One
- NEKTARINE SOFTWARE
- AAX, AU, VST or VST3 plugin version and stand-alone application for OSX & Windows
- Load any VST, VST3 and AU instrument plugins
- Up to 16 instrument slots
- Create layers, splits & zones with direct selection of 10 instrument slots from GXP
- Each instrument slot with volume, pan, mute/solo, FX sends 1-4 controls
- 4 effect insert plugin slots per instrument (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- 4 send effect plugin slots (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- Store instrument & FX plugin patches + Nektarine Multi-Patches
- Browser Settings are remembered per plugin slot
- Patch-management with control from GXP
- Full parameter feedback: button colours updated in real-time
- Multi-Patch with settings save as ‘Default’ load as default – all browser settings can be saved with tags for slots tags.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- USB class compliant (no driver needed)
- GXP: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux (Ubuntu).
- Nektarine and Nektar DAW Integration: Windows 7/8/10 or higher. Mac OS 10.7 or higher.
- WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- GXP49: 80,5cm (L) x 23 cm (D) x 7,2 cm (H), 4 kgs
- IN THE BOX
- Impact GXP USB MIDI Controller keyboard
- User Guide
- Standard USB cable
- Steinberg Cubase LE DAW license*
- Steinberg Retrologue VST-Synthesizer Plugin license*