With an intuitive new panel design, a premium triple sensor keybed, complete effect sections for each layer and massive enhancements to our award-winning technologies, the Nord Stage 4 sets a new standard.
The New Experience
The Nord Stage 4 features a brand new panel design with dedicated LED faders for each Layer, providing exceptional overview and flexibility when creating sounds and performing live. The new Preset Library is packed with inspiring ready-to-use Piano, Synth and Organ sounds for quick and smooth patch creation.
The Layer Scene lets you seamlessly switch between two different sound setups at the touch of a button. Adding a powerful new Effect section coupled with versatile pedal options and a premium Triple Sensor keybed, the Nord Stage 4 offers a new level of musical expression.
The Nord Stage 4 comes with a new enhanced collection of Grands, Uprights and Electric Pianos from our exclusive Nord Piano Library combined with new features such as Dynamic compression and Unison.
Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. Our unique ‘Advanced String Resonance’ and Dynamic Pedal Noise features deliver breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed level of expressiveness.
Piano Section Highlights
- Enhanced collection of Uprights, Grands,
- EPs and more
- Dynamic Compression
- Unison feature
- Creative Timbre presets
- Advanced String Resonance
- Dynamic Pedal Noise
The Synth section with its three independent Layers is based on the powerful Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine, including Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable.
An extensive new collection of samples from the Nord Sample Library offers a broad sonic palette of Strings, Bass, Choirs, Guitars and much more. The advanced Arpeggiator features new Polyphonic, Gate and Pattern modes and can be used for a huge variety of rhythmic applications with customizable patterns.
Synth Section Highlights
- Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine
- 3 independent Synth Layers
- Doubled sample memory
- Enhanced samples with Tru-Vibrato, Unison and Round Robin
- Extensive real time controls
- Advanced Arpeggiator with Polyphonic, Gate and Pattern modes
- Extern mode for advanced MIDI control
The Organ section features our award-winning simulations of B3 Tonewheel, B3 Bass, classic Vox and Farfisa as well as two Pipe Organ models.
All Stage 4 models are equipped with our new Physical drawbars with LED indicators for optimal hands-on experience and overview.
Organ Section Highlights
- Award-winning organ simulations of B3, Vox/Farfisa and Pipe Organ models
- Physical drawbars with LED indicators
- Drawbar Live mode
- New B3 Bass mode
- Model 122 Vintage Rotary Speaker with normal or close mic positions
The Nord Stage 4 has a powerful new Effect section offering a complete setup of Effects for each Layer.
The extensive range of Effects includes a new Pump effect for side chain simulation, a new Spin effect and brand new variations of Reverb, Delay, Amps and Modulation effects.
The Effect Section Highlights
- Dedicated Effect section per Layer
- New Variations for Modulation, Amp, Delay and Reverb Effects
- New Spring, Booth and Cathedral Reverb
- New Spin effect
- New Pump effect
- New Flam and Space Delay
The Pedals (accessories)
Our new range of premium pedals are equipped with continuous sensors for optimal dynamic control. The left and middle pedals of the Nord Triple Pedal 2 can be assigned to control the Pump effect, Layer Scenes, Program Changes, Rotor Speed and more. Both pedals give you access to the Pedal Noise and Half Damping features of the Piano section.
Nord Triple Pedal 2
- Continuous sensors for maximum control
- Pedal Noise and Half Damping
- Can be assigned to control Layer Scene II, Pump, Tap Tempo, Synth Vibrato, Program Up/Dn and Rotor Speed
- Master Level Control
- Wooden Pitch Stick
- Modulation Wheel
- 512 Programs - 8 Banks with 8 Pages each. Each Page has 8 Program locations
- Preset Library with Organ, Piano and Synth Presets including effects. 2x64 Organ Preset locations, 2x64 Piano Preset locations, 8x64 Synth Preset locations.
- 8 Live Programs
- 2 Individual Layer Scene Setups
- 3 Morph sources: Modulation Wheel (also controllable by Swell pedal), Control Pedal, Aftertouch
- Stereo and Mono output routing options
- Programmable Transpose +/- 6 semitones
- Master Clock functionality with manual, external and tap-tempo rate control
- Internal and MIDI clock source
- MIDI over USB functionality
- Level control
- Up to 3 Split Points (4 Keyboard Zones) with visual LED indication between zones
- 3 Split Point width (crossfade) options: Lrg, Sml or Off
- Nord C2D B3 Tone wheel Organ simulation
- Vox Continental and Farfisa models
- 2 Digital Pipe Organ models
- B3 Bass mode
- Physical Drawbars with LED graphs
- Preset or Drawbar Live mode
- Percussion controls
- Vibrato / Chorus control
- 2 Layers (2-Part Multitimbral)
- 2 GB memory for Piano sounds
- All sounds can be replaced using Nord Sound Manager (Mac/Win)
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Categories: Grand, Upright, Electric, Digital, Layer and Clav/Harpsichord
- 3 Selectable Keyboard Touch Curves (Heavy, Medium, Light)
- Piano Timbre controls with custom settings for Electric Pianos and Clavinet
- String Resonance for acoustic Grand Pianos and Uprights
- Selectable Soft Piano Release
- Pedal Noise when used with Nord Triple Pedal 1, Nord Triple Pedal 2 or Nord Sustain Pedal 2 on selected acoustic and electric pianos
- Dynamic Compression
- Unison functionality
- 2 Layers (2-Part Multitimbral)
- Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine with Sample Playback
- Dedicated OLED Display for Waveform/Sample selection and parameter editing
- 1 GB Memory for Nord Sample Library
- All samples can be replaced using Nord Sound Manager (Mac/Win)
- 46 Voice polyphony
- Oscillator Types: Analog (incl. Super, Noise and Misc waveforms), Digital Waves, FM and Sample
- Analog Waveform options: Pure, Shape, Shape Sine, Multi, Super, Sync, Bell, Misc (Noise) Classic Transistor Ladder Filter (LP M), 12 & 24 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and combined Low Pass/Band Pass (LP+BP) filter
- Filter Drive: Off, 1, 2 and 3
- Filter Tracking: Off, 1/3, 2/3 and Full
- 3 Unison modes
- Vibrato modes controllable from Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and pedal.
- Filter envelope (Attack, Decay, Sustain) with Velocity control
- Amplitude envelope (Attack, Decay, Sustain) with Velocity control
- Oscillator envelope (Attack, Decay, Sustain) with Velocity control
- LFO with 5 waveforms/modes: Square, Triangle, Ramp Dn, Ramp Up and Sample & Hold
- Advanced Arpeggiator with Arp, Polyphonic and Gate modes
- Arpeggiator Patterns for all modes, with Accent and Pan options
- LFO and Arpeggiator synchronizable to Master Clock
- 3 Layers (3-Part Multitimbral)
- Mod 1: Tremolo, Auto Pan, Ring Modulator, Wah-Wah, Auto-Wah, Pump (Sidechain modulation). Variation for each effect
- Mod 2: Phaser, Flanger, Vibe, Chorus, Ensemble, Spin. Variation for each effect
- Delay with Tempo, Feedback and Mix (Dry/Wet) controls, Ping Pong (stereo taps), Tap-Tempo, Feedback Filter (HP/LP/BP), Feedback Effects with Variations and panel selectable Analog mode.
- 3 types of Amp/Speaker simulations, Twin, JC and Small. Variation for each model
- Filter Mode (HP24/LP24) with Cut-off, Resonance and Mix controls
- Tube amp simulation with adjustable overdrive
- 3-band Equalizer with sweepable mid. EQ ranges: 100 Hz, 200 Hz - 8 kHz and 4 kHz
- Rotary Speaker: selectable speed (Stop, Slow and Fast) and separate overdrive
- Effect rates/tempo can be synchronized to the Master Clock
- Compressor with Fast Mode
- Reverb: 6 algorithms (Spring, Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and Cathedral) with Dark/Bright modes and Variation/Chorale options
- Nord Stage 4 88: 88-key Triple Sensor Hammer Action keyboard with Aftertouch. Range: A-C
- 4 Assignable Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Compatible with Nord Sustain Pedal 2 (continuous sensor), Nord Triple Pedal 1 and switch type pedals
- Triple Pedal - 5 pin DIN connector. Compatible with Nord Triple Pedal 2
- Rotor Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal.
- Organ Swell Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack.
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack.
- Foot Switch input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary two-button pedal or a single switch type pedal.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connectors
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector for USB MIDI, Software Update and Sound Transfer
- Power Cord with IEC C14 connector
- User Manual
- Power cord
- USB cord
- Nord Triple Pedal 2
- Nord Sustain Pedal 1
- Nord Triple Pedal 1
- Nord Piano Monitor
- Nord Keyboard Stand EX
- Nord Soft Case
- Nord Music Stand EX
- Nord Half-Moon Switch (for Compact model)
- Dust Cover
- Nord Stage 4 88: 1282 mm (50.5"), 121 mm (4.7"), 349 mm (13.7")
- Nord Stage 4 88: 19.6 kg (43.2 lb)