The SlideRIG Compact Deluxe Mk2 takes the awesome dual-chained compression and limitless clean sustain of its predecessor and adds continuously adjustable control over attack and release times
Every version of the SlideRIG up until now has featured fixed attack and release characteristics. And for good reason – with this much compression on tap, there’s plenty of potential for undesirable results.
But with the SlideRIG Compact Deluxe Mk2, we’ve succeeded in designing a single control that lets you explore a wide range of attack and release settings while avoiding any unpleasant distortion artefacts. This simple control gives you the freedom to shape the transient of each note, from smooth, uniform sustain to a spiky and percussive pick attack.
Limitless, Shimmering Sustain You’ll Want To Use On Everything
The original SlideRIG was inspired by the Little Feat frontman Lowell George, who created his trademark slide tones by recording through a pair of 1176 compressors chained together. The SlideRIG’s unique “clean overdrive” capabilities – full, fat and sustaining yet beautifully clean – add unbelievable touch-sensitivity to lap steel playing, supercharge your slide guitar and supply sustain to pedal steel that goes on for days.
The Most User-Friendly SlideRIG Yet
The SlideRIG Compact Deluxe Mk2 features the same high-current, discrete Class-A circuitry as before, using a pair of our studio-grade, 1176-inspired compressors chained together to deliver not only more squash and sustain than any other compressor pedal but lower noise and greater tonal transparency too.
With the Mk2, we set out to make the controls even easier to understand and operate. The In control sets the amount of compression happening in the first and second compression stages, while the Attack/Release knob simultaneously adjusts the response of both compressors, from a fast attack and slow release at one extreme to a slow attack and fast release at the other.
Stage 1, Stage 2 and Dry let you blend the output from the two compressor stages and the dry signal, while the Master knob sets the overall output level. With these six simple controls, you don’t need to be a seasoned studio engineer to dial in awesome dual-chained compression at home, in the studio or live on stage.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra-fast “FET” response
- Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
- Input/Comp level, Master Output level and Dry Blend controls
- Thru control sets signal level fed to second compressor stage
- Independent Attack/Release controls for each stage
- Independent gain reduction VU meters
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- PSU Spec. 82mA @ 9V / 108mA @ 18V (PSU not included)
- Designed and built in England
- Weight: 620 g
- Dimensions: 142 × 66 × 59 mm