Ortofon OM 5E Magnetic Cartridge (MM) with Elliptical Shaped Stylus
Our Optimum Match (OM) cartridges match most tonearms perfectly. An OM cartridge from Ortofon makes it possible to upgrade the performance of an entire music system very easily by upgrading the stylus. We offer a wide range of replacement styli for OM cartridges.
With the OM cartridge you instantly hear the improvement: music you've heard many times takes on new dimensions.
The OM 5E is a magnetic cartridge (MM) with an elliptical shaped stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback for general purpose applications.
- If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
- If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate.
- If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz ± 2 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *): 65 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,5-2,0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,75 g (17,5 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Black
- Cartridge weight: 5 g
- Replacement stylus unit: Stylus 5 E
*) Typical value