Peluso R 14 Ribbon Passive Ribbon Microphone w/ Shockmount and Wood Storage Box
When designing the R 14, TR 14, and SR 14 microphones we wanted to create a classic vintage-style ribbon microphone in the vein of the early RCA microphones. We used classic long ribbon geometry. Thin corrugated aluminum ribbon is tensioned between two rare earth neodymium magnets. As the ribbon moves with the ambient acoustic air pressure variation a current is induced in the ribbon itself. This current is the microphone's output signal. The ribbon is placed just forward of the magnet center. This provides a very slight low-end roll-off on the backside of the microphone, which can be very useful if proximity effect needs to be countered. The R 14 delivers clean, balanced output through the use of a custom output transformer. The R 14's sound is rich, warm, and silky smooth with generous low end. It is un-hyped, natural, and takes EQ very nicely. The R 14 ribbon microphone is the perfect complement to the condensers in your microphone collection.
The microphone comes as a complete system including: R 14 Microphone in a Wood Box, and a Shock Mount.
- Type: Ribbon-Velocity Studio Microphone
- Operating Principle: Electrodynamic Pressure Gradient
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Range: 30Hz/16KHz
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 (Bi-Directional)
- Sensitivity: > -52 dBV re: 1v/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 149 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 0 dB(A)
- Power Requirements: None required or recommended
- Size: 36mm x 176 mm
- Weight: 496g