Peluso TR 14 Vacuum Tube Ribbon Microphone w/ Shockmount and Flight Case
When designing the R 14, TR 14 and SR 14 microphones we wanted to create a classic vintage-style ribbon microphone in the vein of the early RCA microphones. We used classic long ribbon geometry. Thin corrugated aluminum ribbon is tensioned between two rare earth neodymium magnets. As the ribbon moves with the ambient acoustic air pressure variation a current is induced in the ribbon itself. This current is the microphone's output signal. The ribbon is placed just forward of the magnet center. This provides a very slight low-end roll-off on the backside of the microphone, which can be very useful if proximity effect needs to be countered. To handle low-level sources and long cable runs transparently we added a tube gain stage in the Peluso TR 14 Tube Ribbon Microphone. The TR 14 delivers clean balanced output through the use of a custom output transformer. Sonically the TR 14 delivers added harmonic complexity from the tube to the rich, warm, and silky smooth sound and generous low end of a ribbon microphone. It is un-hyped, natural, and takes EQ very nicely. The TR 14 ribbon microphone is the perfect complement to the condensers in your microphone collection.
The microphone comes as a complete system including: TR 14 Microphone in a Wood Box, Shock Mount, Power Supply, and 7-Pin Cable all packed in a Flight Case.
- Type: Ribbon-Velocity Studio Microphone
- Operating Principle: Electrodynamic Pressure Gradient
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Range: 30 Hz/16k Hz
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8 (Bi-Directional)
- Sensitivity: > -35 dBV (re 1v/pa)
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 149 db
- Equivalent Noise: 15 dB(A)
- Tube Type: CK5784 / 6J1P sub-miniature glass tube
- Power Requirements: Dedicated Power Supply, 115V or 230V AC
- Size: 36mm x 210 mm
- Weight: 450g