Demonstrating its commitment to artists, engineers and integrators worldwide, AlphaTheta Corporation announces the release of the new XPRS2 Speaker Series from its Pioneer DJ brand. The XPRS2 Series couples the versatility and mobility of the original XPRS Series with elevated sound-performance and audio intelligibility to deliver a high-caliber speaker system for mobile DJs, live sound, houses of worship, rental and fixed installations.
“The XPRS2 inherits the rich heritage and pedigree of Pioneer DJ technology that artists and venues trust, while integrating new innovative audio technologies to support the evolving needs of the industry,” said John Powell, President, AlphaTheta Music Americas. “The XPRS2 prioritizes full dynamic range and sonic clarity to deliver listeners a full, rich sound that stands up to anything a DJ might throw at the system, and we cannot wait to get the speakers in the hands of our dedicated community of artists and venues.”
Powerful Class D Amplification
The XPRS2 Series employs Class D Amplification with high output wattage for a powerful and premiere audio experience for performers and listeners alike. The XPRS102 and XPRS122 full-range speakers feature Class D 2000 W amplification, while the XPRS1152S and XPRS1182S subwoofers offer Class D 4000 W amplification.
High Quality, Robust Build
Pioneer DJ’s all-new XPRS2 Series features a sleek all-black, protective plywood cabinet for performance in harsh indoor and outdoor environments. The series models all come with a durable handle to support system portability and handling during setup and take down. The XPRS2 Series also features rubber feet to create separation and shock absorption between surfaces.
XPRS2 Full Range Speakers
Four DSP Modes
Both of the XPRS2 full-range speakers contain four different DSP preset modes—Live, Music, Speech and Floor Monitor—to address the needs of different listening environments.
XPRS102 Full-Range Speaker Design
The XPRS102 pairs a 10” woofer and 2.5” voice coil with a 1” exit compression driver and 1.75” voice coil to deliver pristine audio performance. Complete with a maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 129 dB and frequency response of 50 Hz–20 kHz, the XPRS102 full range speakers help ensure music and spoken word reproduction is accurate and performs as intended.
XPRS122 Full-Range Speaker Design
The XPRS122 is the larger full range speaker counterpart in Pioneer DJ’s XPRS2 Series. Featuring a 12” woofer and 3” voice coil with a 1” exit compression driver and 1.75” voice coil, the speakers deliver comprehensive sound coverage across mid to large audiences and venues. Boasting a frequency response of 48 Hz – 20 kHz and a maximum SPL of 131 dB, the versatile full range speaker delivers powerful sound built to thrive in even the harshest of sound environments such as a live DJ set.
- System Type: Multi-purpose, 2-way active loudspeaker with DSP controls
- Transducer Low: 12” woofer, 3” voice coil
- Transducer Driver: 1” exit compression driver, 1.75” voice coil
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 48 Hz – 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 131 dB
- Power Rating: Class D 2000 W (peak)
- 4 DSP modes: Live / Music / Speech / Monitor
- Electronic Protections: Thermal / Overload / Digital Limiter / Compressor
- Connectors: Input: MIC / LINE (Combo) / HI-Z / LINE (Combo) / 3.5 mm STEREO MINI
- Output: MIX (XLR)
- Power Supply: 110 V – 240 V (50 Hz / 60 Hz)
- Power Consumption: 800 W
- Enclosure Construction: Plywood cabinet, black paint, rubber feet, metal handle
- Mounting: One standard metal pole-mount. 10 x M10 threaded inserts plus integrated pull-back cover.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 14.28” (362.7 mm) x 25.07” (637 mm) x 13.78” (350 mm)
- Net Weight: 20.2 kg (44.6 lb.)