The digital mixer that defines versatility.
The StudioLive® 32R digital mixer is four audio tools in two compact rack spaces. Use it as a standalone digital mixer with UC Surface remote mixing software. Pair it with your StudioLive Series III console mixer to use as a stage box or integrated monitor mixer. Connect it with EarMix 16M monitor mixers for the ultimate personal monitor system. And of course, just like other StudioLive Series III digital mixers, the StudioLive 32R has a continuously bidirectional 128-channel (64x64) USB audio interface onboard. Whether used standalone or as part of a complete audio system, no other rackmount digital mixer is as flexible or as powerful.
The best digital mixer for your rack.
Inside the StudioLive 32R, you’ll find the dual-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine powering 40 mixing channels, 22 mix buses, and 270 simultaneous processors—including 4 stereo reverberation systems and Fat Channel plug-in models on every input channel and mix bus. This is a true 32-channel digital mixer that can comfortably fit in any size rig. Simply connect it to a standard wireless router and control every mix parameter from your iPad®, Android™ tablet, or Windows® Touch computer using UC Surface. UC Surface was designed to make mixing on a touch screen as intuitive as mixing on faders, but with the benefit of allowing you to mix front-of-house from anywhere in the venue.
An integrated monitor mixer.
Professional venues and touring acts know that having a dedicated monitor mixer is the best way to ensure musicians can hear themselves clearly on stage. When connected to a StudioLive Series III console mixer, the StudioLive 32R provides remote inputs and main outputs while simultaneously retaining full control over its FlexMixes, so you can create up to 16 monitor mixes complete with independent gate, compression, EQ, and effects on every channel and bus.
The perfect personal monitoring system.
Modern musicians sometimes want more than just remote control: They want total control. When combined with up to 16 EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers, the StudioLive 32R is the most powerful personal monitoring hub available. With 16 FlexMix buses that can be configured as aux mixes, subgroups, or matrix mixes, the StudioLive 32R makes it easy to bus down larger channel counts to provide simplified 16-channel mixes for your musicians to manage. Four dedicated effects buses let you add reverb and delay and let the musicians control the blend from stage. No other personal monitoring system offers so much powerful processing with flexible, easy-to-use routing features.
The digital stage box.
As a digital stage box for StudioLive Series III console mixers, the StudioLive 32R provides 32 remote digitally controlled XMAX preamps that can be gain-staged right from your StudioLive Series III console Fat Channel. The outputs of the StudioLive 32R automatically mirror the mixes available on your console mixer, making routing fast and easy. Best of all, when you need a rackmount mixer for a small mobile gig, simply disable Stage Box mode, and you have a full-featured 32-channel digital mixer that fits into two rackspaces.
The 64-channel audio interface.
Recording engineers searching for a high-channel count audio interface with near-zero latency monitor mixing, integrated plug-in models, and recallable mic preamps need look no further than the StudioLive 32R. An integrated 128-channel (64x64) audio interface lets you record all your inputs and buses over USB.
The StudioLive 32R is also a complete rack of vintage EQ and dynamics processors. Every channel and bus can be processed with Fat Channel plug-in models pre- or post-recording. Modeled after classic analog studio designs, these compressor and EQ plug-ins load both natively on the StudioLive 32R and inside Studio One®, providing the ultimate mixing and recording flexibility. You get six models pre-installed, plus an additional 15 plug-ins from the Fat Channel Collection Vol. 1: a $149 (USD) value if purchased separately. Like every PreSonus interface, the StudioLive 24R is ready to record right out of the box with Studio One Artist or Capture®—both of which are included.
A complete networked solution.
StudioLive Series III networked products form an ecosystem that is easily expanded and quickly configured. Designed to enhance each other, these products are at the forefront of AVB networking technology. The StudioLive 32R combines the powerful processing for which StudioLive Series III mixers are known with flexible modes to pair perfectly with console mixers and EarMix 16M personal monitoring mixers. Whether used standalone as a digital mixer and audio interface, or utilized with other StudioLive Series III ecosystem products, the StudioLive 32R combines flexibility with DSP power to become the ultimate compact audio solution.
Three year warranty—for all Series III and III S mixers
When we introduced the StudioLive Series III S mixers, we upgraded all Series III mixer warranty programs to three years as well, including both console and rack mixers. Even if you bought yours two and a half years ago, you're covered.
We take our build quality seriously, and if anything goes wrong with your mixer in your first three years of ownership (assuming you don't throw it in a swamp or anything like that) we'll repair it.
Make your own magic.
At PreSonus, we want to make sure that our audio interfaces come with everything you need to craft your own mesmerizing spells in the studio. That’s why we include Studio One Artist with every audio interface product we make. But here in Louisiana, we have a word: lagniappe. It means "a little something extra," and it’s in that spirit that we also include the Studio Magic Suite of software with our audio interface products.
The 2020 Studio Magic is a major step up from the 2019 edition, and includes Ableton Live Lite, tutorials from Melodics, 6 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats... all unlocked for use inside Studio One Artist with a retail value of over $1000 (US).
- Powered by the new dual-core PreSonus FLEX DSP Engine to provide the most processing of any digital mixer in its class
- 36 input-channel digital rack mixer
- 32 local digitally controlled XMAX mic/line inputs
- 4 FLEX FX returns
- 26 mix buses
- 16 FlexMixes (Aux, Subgroup, Matrix)
- 4 dedicated FLEX FX buses
- Stereo Main bus
- 286 simultaneous processors
- Gate / Expander
- Compressor with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 4-band/6-band parametric EQ with Fat Channel plug-in models
- 31-band Graphic EQ
- 4 FLEX FX slots featuring legendary classic reverb emulations and delays
- State Space-Modeled Fat Channel compressor and EQ plug-ins available on every input channel and output bus
- FLEX FX multi-effects processor with 4 slots to load legendary reverb emulations and delays with 4 dedicated effects buses
- 24 DCAs to control groups of channels
- 128-channel (64x64) recording over USB
- Onboard stereo SD recorder with true Virtual Soundcheck mode
- AVB Networking onboard (64x64) to connect with other mixers, NSB-series stage boxes, EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers and more
- Monitor Mix and Stage Box Mode for use with StudioLive Series III console mixers
- Pair with EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers for the ultimate personal monitor system
- Remote control every mix function from your computer, iPad, or Android tablet with UC Surface (included)
- Put your musicians’ monitor mix under their fingers with QMix-UC (included) for iOS or Android
- Capture 3.0 multitrack software included
- Automated Virtual Soundcheck
- Store StudioLive mix scenes with your audio
- Advanced Studio One integration (Studio One Artist Included)
- XMAX mic preamp control from Studio One
- Control Fat Channel parameters from Studio One mixing console
Mi crophone Preamplifier
- Input Type: Combo locking XLR mic-¼” TRS line
- Frequency Response to Main Output (at unity gain): 20-20 kHz, ±0.5 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 kΩ
- THD to Main Output: <0.005%, +4 dBu, 20-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- S/N Ratio to Main Output (Ref = +4 dB, 20 kHz BW, unity gain, A-wtd): 94 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz at unity gain): 65 dB
- Gain Control Range (±1 dB): 0 dB to +60 dB
- Maximum Input Level (unity gain): +12 dBu
- Phantom Power (±2 VDC): 48 VDC, switchable per channel
Unbalanced Inputs (Ch. 31-32)
- Type: RCA Female, unbalanced (stereo pair)
- Maximum Input Level: +12 dBu, ±0.5 dBu
- Type: XLR Male, balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu, ±0.5 dBu
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Type: ¼” TRS Female, balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +18 dBu, ±0.5 dBu
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Type: ¼” TRS Female, active stereo
- Maximum Output: 100 mW/ch. @ 60Ω load
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- THD+N: 0.01%, 1 kHz, max gain, 20 Hz BW, unwtd
- S/N Ratio: 96 dB, 1 kHz, max gain, 20 Hz BW, unwtd
- Input to Output: -90 dB (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unwtd)
- Adjacent Channels: -87 dB (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unwtd)
Digital Audio and Control
- ADC Dynamic Range: 115 dB (A-wtd, 48 kHz)
- DAC Dynamic Range: 115 dB (A-wtd, 48 kHz)
- USB Recording Port: USB 2.0, Type-B
- Network Control Port: RJ-45
- AVB Audio Network Port: Locking XLR Ethernet
- Internal Processing: 32-bit, ﬂoating point
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- A/D/A Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: +18 dBu
- Total System Latency: 1.9 ms (local routing, analog in-analog out, all processing active)
- Jitter: <20 ps RMS (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Jitter Attenuation: >60 dB (1 ns in, 1 ps out)
Power / Environmental
- Connector: IEC
- Input-Voltage Range: 90 to 230 VAC (±10%)
- Power Requirements (continuous): 85W
- Recommended Ambient Operating Temperature: 0˚ to 40˚ Celsius / 32˚ to 104˚ Fahrenheit
- Height: 3.5” (90mm)
- Width: 19” (483mm)
- Depth: 12” (305mm)
- Weight: 11.2 lbs. (5 kg)