Primacoustic London Bass Trap Kit, 2 Traps w/ Mounting Hardware, Black
The Primacoustic London Bass Traps are designed to help control excessive low frequency build-up that cause room modes in studios and listening rooms. Acoustic energy naturally migrates to corners using the walls and ceiling as waveguides. This makes corner-mounting the bass trap the preferred location.
The London Bass Trap kit consists of two 24″x48″ (61 x 122cm) Broadband 2″ (5cm) thick absorption panels along with corner-mount Impalers, sheetrock anchors and screws. Each panel is constructed from high-density 6lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) glass wool with resin hardened edges and fully encapsulated with micromesh. The panel is hand wrapped with an acoustically transparent polyester fabric to create sharp, architecturally pleasing lines. Installation is just about as easy as hanging a picture! Once installed, the substantial surface area of the panel combined with the 17″ deep (43cm) air cavity created in behind delivers excellent absorption throughout the audio listening range and extends well down into the low bass region. This helps reduce troublesome room modes and hot spots by attenuating standing waves making it easier to record and produce music with greater confidence.
The London Bass Trap kit is the perfect add-on to the Primacoustic London 8 and 10 room kits or may be incorporated into any room where low frequency control is needed.
INSTALLING CORNER BASS TRAP PANELS
Primacoustic corner impalers make it easy to mount the 24” x 48” Broadband panels across room corners to form effective bass traps. Like the surface impaling clips, the corner impalers feature sharp tips that penetrate the panel and hold it securely in place.
- Corner-mounted for optimal performance
- Attenuates room modes to smooth response
- 17" deep cavity absorbs bass down to 100Hz
- Class-1/A fire rated for safe use in any facility
- Create an accurate listening environment for your room by controlling bass for your home theater or listening room.
Basstraps in Studio
- Add London Bass Traps to your existing sound treatment or a London 8 Room Kit for extra low end absorption.
Basstraps in Studio
- Primacoustic modular approach allows you to purchase the panels you need and add additional panels when you want.
- Core Material: Formed, semi-rigid inorganic glass fibers
- Density: 6.0 lbs. per cubic foot (96 kg/m³)
- Fabric Facing: Acoustically transparent polyester tweed
- Encapsulation: Micromesh on front and rear surface, resin treated edges
- Absorption H2O: < 2% by weight @ 120°F (49°C), 95% relative humidity
- Temperature: -20°F ~ 150°F (-29°C ~ 66°C)
- Fire Rating: Class-A/1 (ASTM E 84 / CAN/UL-S102 see details below)
- Mounting: Galvanized steel impalers