The Primacoustic Stratus is an acoustical device that suspends above the recording console to control early reflections, flutter echo and help eliminate standing waves that cause resonant peaks in the critical mix position. Once in place, you will immediately enjoy a more controlled and intimate acoustic environment, larger sweet spot and reduced ear fatigue.
Attractive and very affordable, the Stratus ships in kit-form and is easily put together in minutes using a simple screw driver. The kit includes a 2" thick, 24" x 48" acoustic panel made from high density 6lb per cubic foot glass wool and suspension hardware. The glass wool is encapsulated with micromesh and the edges are resin treated to retain the minute fibres. For an attractive appearance, the panel is covered in an acoustically transparent fabric.
The suspension hardware consists of two light-weight aluminum rails and "L" brackets that form a rigid frame around the panel. To hang the Stratus, simply attach the included suspension wire to the frame. Hardware and fasteners for sheet-rock ceilings are included in the kit. Typically, the Stratus would be suspended above the console and clustered in an array spanning the width of your console and listening.
The Stratus absorbs sound energy by converting it to heat. Sound energy traveling via air vibrations penetrates the panel causing the minute glass fibres to vibrate and generate heat. This thermo-dynamic energy transfer effectively absorbs directional sound energy and prevents it from reflecting into the mix position.
By itself, the 2" thick glass wool panel is 100% effective for frequencies between 400Hz and 20kHz (see the acoustic absorption chart). To help control a broader frequency spectrum, the Stratus may be angled to vary the air space between the Stratus and the ceiling. This allows the backing surface to also absorb reflections off the ceiling.
The Primacoustic Stratus is an acoustic cloud system designed to create large acoustic ceilings by linking multiple units together with a rigid frame.
Test data shows the suspended Stratus cloud to be very effective at absorbing sound from 100Hz and up. This is achieved by a combination of the two inch glass wool panel and the air space formed behind the panel when suspended
The Stratus will absorb the powerful primary reflections that bounce off room boundaries as well as flutter echoes between the ceiling and floor. The fabric face and aluminum channels will look great above your listening position for years to come.
The Stratus includes all mounting hardware and may be installed in one of two ways. Suspended installation uses tie-wire to hang the cloud. Flush installation attaches the Stratus directly to the ceiling. Which method you use will depend on the ceiling height and layout of your room. Either way, everything you need is in the box for fast and easy installation.
- Suspends over the console or listening position
- Attractive fabric wrapped glass wool panel
- Easy to assemble suspension hardware
- Eliminates floor to ceiling reflections
- Panel core is encapsulated with micromesh to contain the glass wool fibres.
- Link brackets allow multiple Stratus units to be connected.
- Crossbar provides several suspension points for flexible mounting.
- Aluminum side channels securely hold the Broadway panel.
- Crossbar clamps the side channels together and locks the Broadway panel in place.
- High density 24" x 48" x 2" Broadway acoustic panel.
- Panel Material: Formed, semirigid inorganic glass fibers; Density 6.0 lbs. pcf. (96 kg/m3)
- Channel Material: Aluminum
- Fabric Facing Acoustically transparent polyester
- Fabric Color Codes: Grey=08
- Order Number: Z840-1200-xx (xx denotes color code 08= Grey)
- Mounting Hardware: Drywall anchors, eye-screws and tie wire for overhead suspension included
- Extra Hardware: Link bracket for ganging Stratus units together
- FRAME MATERIAL : Formed 16 gauge aluminium
- DIMENSIONS : 24” (610mm) x 48” (1219mm)
- PANEL DEPTH : 2” (51mm)
- CORE MATERIAL DENSITY : Formed, semirigid inorganic glass fibers, 6.0 lbs pcf (96 kg/m3)
- WEIGHT : 11.5 lbs (5.2 kg)
- FABRIC FACING : Acoustically transparent polyester
- BACKING : Sealed with acoustically transparent micro-mesh
- EDGE TREATMENT : Sealed and hardened with resin
- RECYCLED CONTENT : Up to 40%
- LEED ELIGIBLE : Yes