Streamlined design. Maximum expression.
Aerophone AE-20 delivers all the playability and expression of our top-of-the-line Aerophone Pro in a more compact and streamlined design. Offering a rich musical experience with premium details and our most advanced sound engines, this inspiring modern wind instrument brings next-level power and versatility to all your creative journeys.
The new standard.
Developed in collaboration with leading wind synth artists, Aerophone AE-20 is a top-flight instrument with uncompromising musical response. It has the inspiring sounds and expressive control of Aerophone Pro, along with the flagship model’s acclaimed key touch, refined playability, and go-everywhere design.
A sonic universe at your fingertips.
Aerophone AE-20 lets you explore an endless range of tones as soon as you pick it up. With everything from woodwinds, strings, and brass to the latest synth sounds available at the touch of a button, there’s no musical style you can’t take on.
Aerophone AE-20 puts a world of stunningly authentic acoustic instrument sounds at your command. Instantly call up soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxes plus clarinet, flute, trumpet, and more. Violin, cello, and other string instruments are included as well, along with world instruments like erhu, shakuhachi, and bagpipes. Backed by our SuperNATURAL technology, every nuance of your playing is translated with lifelike dynamics, articulations, and overtones.
The versatility of this powerful instrument extends even further with the ZEN-Core Synthesis System, the same advanced sound engine found in pro Roland keyboards like FANTOM and JUPITER-X. Explore everything from traditional analog synths to modern digital voices, all carefully curated for the unique articulations and extended dynamic range of a wind instrument.
Lose yourself in the music.
Step right into your musical flow with Aerophone’s familiar reed-style mouthpiece, immediate response, and natural pitch and vibrato control. The breath and bite sensors are customizable and ultra-sensitive, and you can easily configure the fingering for sax, clarinet, flute, recorder, or your own personal setup. And with instant transposition and a seven-octave range, you’re able to cover any style with none of the range limits that come with traditional acoustic instruments.
Never stop learning.
The Aerophone Lesson app gets you started right away, even if you’ve never played a wind instrument. Learn how to hold the Aerophone and use the mouthpiece, and get your fingering up to speed quickly with practice songs and accuracy scoring. And with Bluetooth® audio streaming, you can play along with music and instructional videos through the Aerophone’s sound system.
Personalize your instrument.
The free Aerophone Pro Editor unlocks the full potential of your Aerophone with deep customization of sound and performance settings. Create original tones and layered sounds, organize them into Scenes, and call them up with a touch. You can also assign performance parameters for deeper expressive control and use the librarian function to save groups of Scenes on your mobile device or favorite online storage platform.
Go even further with Roland Cloud.
Take your Aerophone to the next level with Roland Cloud. Download a growing range of Sound Packs created by wind instrument experts and develop songs with the fun Zenbeats and Zentracker apps. Roland Cloud is also home to many other tools that will expand your musical universe, including software versions of the most revered keyboard and rhythm instruments in Roland’s storied history.
- Streamlined design with premium details and professional sounds
- Ultra-responsive playability with low-latency breath and bite sensors
- Play using sax, clarinet, flute, recorder, or brass fingerings
- Over 250 acoustic and electronic sounds, including soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones, orchestral and world instruments, synth voices, and more
- SuperNATURAL Acoustic tones with authentic sound and response
- Advanced ZEN-Core Synthesis System for vintage and modern synthesizer sounds
- Easy operation with OLED screen and ergonomic controls
- Audio and MIDI connectivity via Bluetooth® and USB
- Play anytime and anywhere with a built-in speaker, headphones jack, and battery power
- Editor app for full visual control and deep editing on mobile devices
- Lesson app for building skills and tracking progress
- Expand your musical palette with custom sounds from Roland Cloud
- Key Layout: Saxophone compatible
- Sound Generator:
- SuperNATURAL acoustic
- Parts: 4 Parts (Drum: 1 Part)
- Preset Memory: Preset Scenes: more than 260
- User Memory: User Scenes: 600
- Favorite Scenes: 12
- Breath sensor
- Bite sensor
- Performance keys
- Octave keys
- Thumb lever
- S1/S2 button
- SCENE buttons
- MENU buttons
- SCENE CATEGORY knob
- VOLUME knob
- MIDI CONTROL switch
- Ver 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display: Graphic OLED 128 x 32 dots
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- USB COMPUTER/MEMORY port (USB Type-C(R), AUDIO/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- External Memory: USB Flash drive (USB Type-C, sold separately)
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output: 1.5 W x 2
- Speakers: 2.8 cm x 2
- Power Supply:
- AC adaptor (DC 5.7 V)
- Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 6
- Current Draw: 900 mA
- Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use):
- Ni-MH batteries: approximately 6 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 1,900 mAh.)
- * Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Mouthpiece cap
- Neck strap
- USB cable (USB Type-C - Type A)
- Thumb hook cover (2 types)
- Water basin
- Dedicated hand carry bag
- Options (sold separately):
- Replacement Mouthpiece
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 133 mm
- 5-1/4 inches
- 84 mm
- 3-5/16 inches
- 632 mm
- 24-7/8 inches
- Weight (including batteries)
- 1,100 g
- 2 lbs 7 oz