Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad, Red
FOR PRO PLAYERS WHO NEED INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL THEIR ORIGINAL SOUNDS, WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Roland’s SPD-SX Sampling Pad is the professional touring standard for triggering custom samples, loops, and even complete backing tracks. It also supports real-time sample capture with its exclusive Multi-Pad Sampling function. The SPD-SX Special Edition is identical in functionality to the original SPD-SX, but features greatly expanded onboard storage. With 16 GB of internal memory available, it’s now possible to load enough studio-quality WAV samples to last an entire gig and beyond.
The SPD-SX Special Edition is also ready to support every serious musician’s workflow, from WAV sound production to setting up the samples and assigning instruments for performing, thanks to the bundled Ableton Live Lite license and Wave Manager software. And with its striking Sparkling Red finish, this powerful instrument has a bold, distinctive look that sets it apart from other gear on stage. Offering enhanced capabilities and a standout appearance, the SPD-SX Special Edition is the perfect solution for pro players who need a sampling pad that can handle all the sounds they need for every stage and studio situation.
Powerful Features for Pro Drummers and Percussionists
The SPD-SX Special Edition was designed for professional musicians who need increased capacity and capability. The 16 GB internal memory allows you to store up to 50 hours of 16-bit/44.1 kHz mono audio (maximum 10,000 files), so you’re able to carry your entire sample library inside the unit, with no external memory required. In addition to the master outputs, sub outputs are available for monitoring or sending individual pads to separate channels on the mixing desk. You can also route the internal click through the phones output only, and easily control it with the dedicated volume knob and start/stop button. It’s even possible to route individual pads through the phones output as well. And if you want a larger setup, up to four extra pads can be connected.
Ableton Live Lite included
Ableton’s Live software is the go-to choice for musicians who demand control of their own music production. The SPD-SX Special Edition includes a license for Ableton Live Lite, giving you the power to produce your own original samples and even use the SPD-SX Special Edition as a pad controller for Ableton. You can also stream audio from Ableton Live Lite through the pad and tweak the sound with the onboard master effects on the SPD-SX Special Edition. A single USB cable is required for connecting to your computer.
Capture Your Inspiration with Multi-Pad Sampling
A powerful-yet-intuitive lineup of features has been built into the SPD-SX Special Edition, including Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer via the Audio In or USB jacks, simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. This logical sampling process is a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps, making it simple to capture those moments of inspiration with no hassle.
Enhance Your Live Performances with Real-Time Effects
The SPD-SX Special Edition is equipped with three powerful multi-effects engines: one master processor and two that are assignable per kit. With the master effects, you can perform in real time like a DJ might, using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect, and creatively adjust them with the four buttons and two control knobs. And by connecting the SPD-SX Special Edition to your computer, it’s even possible to add more effects to your samples with Ableton Live Lite’s plug-ins.
Everything You Need to Maximize Your Sampling and Music Production Sessions
Integrating your computer with the SPD-SX Special Edition via USB forms an amazingly flexible production and performance setup. Sounds played on your computer can be sampled on the SPD-SX Special Edition, and sounds played on the pads can be recorded into your computer. You can capture sounds from Ableton Live Lite, a web browser, or a computer-based media player directly into the sampling pad, giving you lots of flexibility and versatility when preparing your sounds for live performances.
Via the SPD-SX Special Edition’s USB memory port, you can directly import audio files from USB flash memory and assign them to pads. The process of importing and assigning samples is made even simpler using the SPD-SX Wave Manager software. You can import audio files directly from the computer to the SPD-SX Special Edition, assign a sample to a pad, and easily organize thousands of samples in your library. And thanks to its super-fast triggering and low latency, the SPD-SX Special Edition is a fantastic MIDI pad controller for any DAW, including Ableton Live Lite.
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX — simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing
- Easily import, assign, and organize samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software
- Pads: Built-in pads: 9 (with LED indicators)
- Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices
- Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state,Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000,Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 25 hour in stereo (50 hour in mono)
- Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX Special Edition contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- MasterEffects (21 types)
- Kit Effect 1 (20 types)
- Kit Effect 2 (20 types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- USB MEMORY connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately)
- Pads (PD series, PDX series)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Kick Triggers (KD series, KT series)
- Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30K, RT-30HR, RT-30H)
- Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7)
- Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10)
- Y cable (PCS-31L)
- USB Flash Memory
Size and Weight
- Width: 364 mm,14-3/8 inches
- Depth: 331 mm,13-1/16 inches
- Height: 94 mm,3-3/4 inches
- Weight (excluding AC Adaptor): 2.5 kg,5 lbs 9 oz