A beast of a DI
The DM3 is an active inline DI with Ultra-HiZ input and an impressively compact design - built to stay by your side, so you always get the best out of your instruments! Based on the well-established DYNAMITE technology used in the DM1 and DM2 - the DM3 reinvents the active inline DI to a new silent standard. Its Ultra-HiZ input and the dedicated Class-A output buffer amplifier preserve the individual sound character of your instrument with flawless detail. Ideal for sources ranging from vintage electric guitar / bass pickups to piezo-equipped acoustic instruments and high-output sources like keyboards, synthesizers, drum machines, and laptops, to name a few. Thanks to its massive headroom and switchable attenuation pad, the DM3 can handle the roaring output of a 10,000-watt solid-state power amplifier. Its three-position ground lift switch features a unique "on+" setting reducing not only buzz and hum but also undesirable radio interference noise efficiently. With a lockable ¼" input jack, the DM3 provides a secure connection in the most demanding, fast-paced live or recording environments where snags can happen. Built with a robust, all-metal housing and an inline form factor to save precious space, the DM3 is less of a box and more of a compact all-rounder (pun intended). It certainly is the key to great sound!
Ultra-HiZ input for getting the best out of your instrument
With virtually no load on your instruments, the DM3 has a stunningly high 10 megaohms of input impedance, preserving the individual sound character of your instruments. Thanks to our well-established DYNAMITE technology used in the DM1 and DM2, the DM3 ensures maximum signal quality even on low-output pickups without coloration!
Massive headroom for even the hottest instruments
Built to handle even the highest output levels of the hottest active pickups, any keyboard, drum machine, synthesizer or laptop, to name a few sources. The DM3 can easily handle the roaring output of a 10,000-watt solid-state power amplifier (285 Vrms or 805 Vp-p)! If the signal is too hot, lower the input signal by 15 or 30 dB with the integrated, recessed attenuation pad switch to accommodate any input load.
A new standard to the ground lift switch
The DM3’s recessed three-stage ground lift switch features a unique "on+" setting, efficiently reducing not only unwanted buzz and hum but also hiss and radio frequency interference. Dial in the perfect setting for the cleanest signal, whether you are in the studio, recording at home, on stage at a concert venue, or in a worship setting.
Lockable ¼” input jack and custom sE plug keychain
The DM3 comes complete with a custom sE ¼” plug keychain and is equipped with a lockable ¼” input jack, so great sound is always by your side! The lockable input jack provides a secure connection in the most demanding, fast-paced live or recording environments where snags can happen. In addition, the locking mechanism can be disengaged if preferred.
Dedicated Class-A output buffer amplifier and premium finish
State-of-the-art electronics provide the lowest noise in its class, and proven Class-A design prevents zero-crossover distortion from being added to the signal. The DM3 ruthlessly buffers the signal independent from load impedance or cable length so that you can always count on a powerfully clean and consistent signal with a sleek finish that will last for years and years to come.
Slim, all-metal discrete housing and gold XLR connectors
The DM3’s all-metal design, high-quality manufacturing standards, robust construction, and gold-plated XLR connector provide a roadworthy design and reliable loss-free signal in an exceptionally compact form factor. The DM3 connects directly to interfaces, mixers, stage boxes, or any standard XLR input with no extra cable needed. All while being compact enough to fit in a pocket or hang from the included sE ¼” plug keychain, so great sound is always by your side.
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-HiZ input for getting the best out of your instrument
- drags virtually no load on your instrument (stunningly high 10 MΩ input impedance)
- preserves the individual sound character of your instrument without any compromise
- proven ultra-low noise DYNAMITE design ensures maximum signal quality even on low-output pickups
- Massive headroom for even the hottest instruments
- handles even the highest output level of the hottest active pickups, any keyboard, drum machine, synthesizer, and laptop to name a few sources
- accepts the roaring output of an 10,000-watt solid-state power amplifier (285 Vrms or 805 Vp-p)
- the recessed three-position switch allows to attenuate the signal by 15 or 30 dB
- Reinventing the ground lift switch
- find the best setting for any application with a three-position recessed switch
- the ground lift switch reduces unwanted hum and buzz from ground loops
- a unique "on+" setting reducing not only hum and buzz but also undesirable radio interference noise efficiently
- Lockable ¼” input jack and custom sE plug keychain
- prevents accidental disconnect – ideal for both studio and stage
- the included sE ¼” plug keychain ensures great sound is always by your side
- just in case – the locking mechanism can be disengaged if preferred
- Dedicated Class-A output buffer amplifier
- state of the art electronics provides the lowest noise in its class
- proven Class-A design prevents any zero-crossover distortion
- ruthlessly buffers the signal independent from load impedance or cable length
- Slim, rugged all-metal housing with premium finish
- rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- high-quality finish ensures its sleek finish will last for years and years to come
- slim design allows for easy placement in the studio or on stage
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- for loss-free and reliable signal connection
- connects to any interface, mixer, stage box, preamp or any XLR input with no extra cable
What’s in the box
- sE 1/4" plug keychain
- User manual with warranty card (English only)
- 20 x 96 mm ( ⌀ x H )
- 0.79 x 3.76 in. ( ⌀ x H )
- Net weight 70 g / 2.47 oz.
- Screw Driver
- 3 g / 0.11 oz.
- 20 x 80 mm ( ⌀ x H )
- 0.79 x 3.15 in. ( ⌀ x H )
- Net weight 15 g / 0.53 oz.
- Total net weight :
- 88 g / 3.11 oz.