Meet the sE2300: The versatile classic from sE.
The sE2300 is the latest multi-pattern version of the award-winning 2200 condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications. The cardioid version grew famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, and this multi-pattern version only increases its versatility, enhancing its usefulness for any instrument and reviving the spirit of the world’s most classic studio microphones.
HANDCRAFTED 1" TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
Built like the world’s finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2300 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
THREE SELECTABLE POLAR PATTERNS
The 3-position Pattern Switch is located on the rear side of the microphone, and allows the sE2300’s polar pattern to be changed from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure-eight. This allows for great control over the balance between direct and ambient sound.
TRADITIONAL CLASS-A ELECTRONIC DESIGN
Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2300’s design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel – not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS & LOW-CUT FILTERS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
CUSTOM-BUILT OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2300’s custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
ALL-METAL HOUSING & PREMIUM FINISH
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE2300's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
THE ISOLATION PACK
For situations where greater rumble control and ‘plosive protection is desired, this bundle also includes sE’s Isolation Pack. With the twist of a single knob, the mount attaches quickly and securely to the microphone, and is removable with the same simple motion. This allows the mic to be set up quickly and easily - no adjustments, no hassle.
IN THE BOX
- sE2300 Studio Condenser Microphone
- Isolation Pack (shockmount, pop filter)
- Thread adapter
- sE Logo sticker
- User manual with warranty card
- Capsule Type: Hand-crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni-directional, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 24 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 117 / 127 / 137 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 40 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 4.8 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 51mm (2.01 in), Length 215mm (8.46 in)
- Weight: 611 g (21.55 oz.)