SE Electronics X1D Kick Drum and Percussion Condenser Microphone
The X1 D- "D is for drums".
With a super-fast titanium diaphragm, the X1 D is ideal for all your percussion needs: kick drums, overheads, bass guitars, vibraphones, and pianos can all benefit from this ultra-responsive capsule.
The sE X1 D is a dedicated drum microphone, bringing the renowned quality of the X1 series to a microphone designed for use on drums and percussion.
The first microphone in the X1 series made specifically for instruments, the X1 D features a hand-crafted titanium-sputtered capsule - technology borrowed from our high-end T2 mic.
This titanium diaphragm is much stiffer than our gold-sputtered capsules, and this means much quicker transient response.
This is especially important when recording instruments that create fast transients and attack - like drums and percussion - as it enables the microphone to maintain clarity and deliver exceptionally accurate performance.
Additionally, the stiffness of the diaphragm allows the X1 D to withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (up to 140dB), so it won't be damaged by even the loudest percussive hits.
The sE X1 D is also well-suited to recording the hammer action of piano and bass, where the strings are often played with percussive techniques. The microphone offers a cardioid polar pattern with great off-axis rejection, which is essential when recording only one element of a drum kit without wanting the sound of other elements to bleed into the signal.
On board the X1 D is a -10dB pad and a bass cut switch, which can help in siuations where ultra-low frequency content might overwhelm the signal. The mic is constructed with integrated shock protection in the form of a built-in rubber capsule mount, which helps to isolate the capsule from knocks and vibrations.
The X1 D is also fitted with an integrated rear-mounted stand adapter for quickly and easily attaching it to a microphone stand.
- Quicker transient response through stiffness of the titanium diaphragm.
- Stiffness of the diaphragm allows the X1 D to withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (up to 140dB), so it won't be damaged by even the loudest percussive hits.
- Microphone offers a cardioid polar pattern with great off-axis rejection.
- X1 D is a -10dB pad and a bass cut switch.
- The mic is constructed with integrated shock protection in the form of a built-in rubber capsule mount, which helps to isolate the capsule from knocks and vibrations.
- Capsule: Custom-designed and handcrafted, titanium-sputtered large diaphragm capsule
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 140dB SPL
- Controls: -10dB Pad, 80Hz Bass Cut
- Power Requirement: +48V Phantom Power
- Connector: Three-pin XLR